441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
32 Posts
a DIY bag that is modular. I often use it to carry my (real) camera so it's handy and I don't have to dick around getting the backpack off and dig out the camera.

Here in "flat" mode (not in use)
tank-taco empty by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Here "loaded" with my tent (camping)
tank-taco loaded by gnarlydog, on Flickr
So when’re you going to start making them for the rest of us?? ;-)

·
Registered
344 Posts
So when’re you going to start making them for the rest of us?? ;-)
flattering as it might be I don't produce anything but a few prototypes for myself and maybe a friend.
I find it enjoyable to design and create items (not just for the bike) but would never consider going into production.
I let others do that, if there is enough demand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gorgeous paint job!!!

What are your thoughts on the flat seat? Firm? Soft? Better/worse than the OEM seat?
I like it better than the OEM seat. I got both seats when I bought the bike, so I may not have bought this exact one if I only had the OEM though. But I prefer this look too, and better for duo (although, that bike is not that comfy for duo riding!).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I finally got the tank parts back from the paint shop and was able to complete the update of my XSR700. I have always loved the shape of the bike's tank but felt that the different color band down the middle distracted from its look. So that has been corrected with one solid color (GM's Atomic Orange, previously used on the '07 and '09 Chevrolet Corvette).

The seat is courtesy of Brogue Motorcycles.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
Water Sky Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Water Wheel Fuel tank Plant

441 - 455 of 455 Posts