XSR 700 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
...completely overrated that XSR.

We passed the longest night here, thinking to search for the suitable word of solstice for the moon and completely stuck in translation. There is just one...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Over the Xmas break the local popular mountain has become mayhem: every man and his dog is out riding his bike. The police has stepped up their presence to the point that are hassling riders trying to find anything to defect their ride. Not a happy place to be...
Therefore I stay away, far away from any coffee shop and choose roads where there are no speed traps :)

by John Davis by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is mine as of late last year, I’m currently awaiting rad covers to come back from powder coating, front headlight guard has just arrived and need to remove rear footpegs and get some caps in place. Really want a SC project exhaust. Or akra just need more funds ha.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Australia Day is celebrated with much drunkenness and public display of regrettable behavior, but I am not of fan of that.
With 4 days up my sleeve I headed away from the coast into a bit more remote areas for days of dirt-roads riding.
And nothing beats a warm river at the end of the day to wash off the dust

River camp by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
271 Posts
gnarly did we ever tell you your xsr is hands down the prettiest. I know up close it's the dirtiest. I love my OEM bucket with the micro cowl. It's just fine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
gnarly did we ever tell you your xsr is hands down the prettiest. I know up close it's the dirtiest. I love my OEM bucket with the micro cowl. It's just fine.
I think of my XSR like a pretty girl: what good is it if she is pretty but not a little dirty :p
More riding, less polishing...

·
Registered
1 Posts
There aren't many places in central Europe where one can ride off road and camp in the forest. Sweden is the only places I have been able to do that.

Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland at least you can do this, and all of them have a lot of camping places, if you want to take a shower for example. I guess perhaps in eastern europe that would be possible too. In Finland at least the right to do so, is also written in law (edit: I stand corrected, it is not in law, but in general it means that you can go almost anywhere and stay everywhere, whether it is private or public land, and just try to behave, e.g. do not get too close to buildings etc.):

(and I am not familiar about central europe, or southern europe - safety is probably the biggest concern)

341 - 360 of 369 Posts