XSR 700 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Switched to a solo seat that I'd had since buying the bike. While I did not particularly like the seat when I still had the stock rear fender and lights on the bike, I really like it with the NRC fender eliminator. Still need to fabricate a sheet metal or plastic cover to go under the rear rack but over the tail light wiring harness.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Black side covers worlds better. Not much more to do to. I'm not doing an exhaust unless I get an akro like gnarlydog some day. Considering the vintech taillight but I like the distribution of shape from front to tail lights. May swap the pirahna dart windscreen for the oem xsr windscreen. Any of that potential next season.
20200704_132655.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi Gnarley,
Is that the swmotech fender with the OEM brackets? Looks gr8.
Negative, is not a SWMotech but a DIY one.
Since the original guard was too close to the tyre for off road use: mud will pack under it. I needed more clearance but still a useful fender.

sticky situation by gnarlydog, on Flickr

I was lucky to get hold of a mold from somebody (taken off the original shape) to replicate the guard in fiberglass. I modified the mold by shortening the little stand-off under the bracket so it would sit higher and give me more clearance.
I used glass, Kevlar and carbon (as top layer, for looks) to make a sensible guard that actually works, instead of just show :) (I laugh at those mini guards I so often see: no good in anything but dry conditions)
The bolts were revered so I get as smooth as possible surface under the guard, and I cut a bit off the sides so mud has somewhere to go.

carbon guard_3_M_JX020024 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
179 Posts
And ergo why I've never seen it before ☺. The hunt continues. Agreed small ones like s2 concepts only good for dry. I love their color match, but too rounded and tiny. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally installed the new headlight and bar-end mirrors. I have black levers that I will be installing this weekend and then I’d like to do something with the front fender.

261 - 280 of 314 Posts