XSR 700 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally got a few miles on the XSR today. Love it - perfect for what I was looking for - an easy, fun, lightweight to serve as my "old man" bike - LOL. this is a keeper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took advantage of the quarantine - been home bound since the second week of February - to add the hand guards. These are SW-Motech Kobra hand guards. I also procured the integrated turn signals but have not yet installed them.

ZZZ.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jepp, correct, these are the unpainted C-Racer panels. The right bike sight is in the moment as shown in the sunny picture above. Actually I prefer the asymmetric style.

I as well tested these intake panels:

But way too 'organic', the more angular shaped C-Racer panels match better...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it me or does the tread pattern on the front wheel look to be the wrong direction...!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all!

New to the forum and new to the bike world - just bought my first bike 2 days ago and waiting on delivery (new tires and a few mods getting done).

Here's the baby :D

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's a 120/70. I'm currently trying to figure out why my gas mileage is so bad. I do drive very aggressively, however I'm getting 29MPG and only 100 miles out of a full tank.
to only get 100 miles per tank .... you must be riding in first gear at redline, or soft deep sand. I think something is not right with your bike, but the tires should make no difference

·
Registered
3 Posts
to only get 100 miles per tank .... you must be riding in first gear at redline, or soft deep sand. I think something is not right with your bike, but the tires should make no difference
After I had my ECU flashed it ran rich, really rich. Smelled horrible to the point where it was almost un bearable when running. Thats when the MPG kept dropping and dropping and finally stayed at about 29MPG. I have since had it dynotuned where they tuned the fuel down a bit however its only gone up 1mpg. I changed the oil to find that there was a bit of gas in it.. Should be normal from it running so rich. Soon after changing the oil I filled the gas tank and decided I would ride very conservatively to see what kind of MPG "I could get" if I don't ride so aggressively. I'm currently at 2 bars on my fuel guage with 90 miles on this tank of gas. I predict that I will get to about 130-140miles until the tank is practically empty. I'm concerned that I've got a bad piston ring leaking fuel down to the oil pan OR bad valve seals. With riding the bike hard on a tune that was way too rich for about 1,000 miles I wonder if that could have damaged one of the internals.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts