XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Driving the next city over to pick up my new 2021 XSR700. Can't wait.

Starting off in Saskatchewan Canada, then in about three months, we'll be on the West Coast (Vancouver) for the foreseeable future.

I plan to put big spoke wheels and a bash plate on her after warranty is over to make a great big city commuter/ camping bike. I'm getting inspiration from Yard Built Yamaha XSR700 Tracker by Bunker Customs - Motorcycle.com News

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome. Nice example of a custom to pull inspiration from.
I wonder if Bunker sells those side panels for the tank. One think I don't like about the lines of the bike, is how the tank sweeps upward toward the triple tree. Most older bikes have a much more horizontal line at the bottom of the gas tank, which the Bunker also has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do like those colors, wheels and all! You're gonna really like the bike.
Ya and they look even better in person. In a pic, the red on the tank/fender and the wheels looks like normal shiny paint, but it's actually metallic and kind of glitters.

I'm already loving the low speed responsiveness - so fun to ride

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. Nice example of a custom to pull inspiration from.
I wonder if Bunker sells those side panels for the tank. One think I don't like about the lines of the bike, is how the tank sweeps upward toward the triple tree. Most older bikes have a much more horizontal line at the bottom of the gas tank, which the Bunker also has.
I haven't seen the side panels for sale ... but I did find out what suspension and wheels they used. Tracer suspension and Super Tenere wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts