XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I'm very last minute trying to put together luggage for a 2mo tour, and am having difficulty finding panniers stock online. In particular I was looking at:
  • sw motech blaze
  • shad e48 (with sr36 fittings)
If anyone happens to be selling either panniers or the fittings, please let me know! Open to other setups as well - would love to purchase ASAP

·
Registered
286 Posts
I couldn't find anything either, so went with soft luggage. Lots of options, from $$$$ to $$$. I ended up trying to minimize expense and went with the Yamaha pannier racks and Nelson-Rigg SE-3050-BLK Sierra Dry Saddlebags. Easy fit up and works well. Saddlebags come with a lightweight, but very functional liner bag with handles and a zipper close. Big for day to day, great for touring. Tail bag as well on a custom plate with the solo saddle.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Plant

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't find anything either, so went with soft luggage. Lots of options, from $$$$ to $$$. I ended up trying to minimize expense and went with the Yamaha pannier racks and Nelson-Rigg SE-3050-BLK Sierra Dry Saddlebags. Easy fit up and works well. Saddlebags come with a lightweight, but very functional liner bag with handles and a zipper close. Big for day to day, great for touring. Tail bag as well on a custom plate with the solo saddle. View attachment 27597
What side pannier rails did you go with? I've been going nuts trying to figure out what rails could work with non-yamaha bags (does it even matter?)

·
Super Moderator
900 Posts
FYO, I went with Hepco & Becker's C-Bow system which has pretty discreet rails and offers a choice of panniers from their C-Bow pannier range. I used their C-Bow 'Street' semi-rigid panniers.

·
Registered
'22
16 Posts
When I was looking for luggage solutions I found very little pictures. So just to add another solution for future reference; Here's some pictures of the Givi rack and Wolfman panniers.
The Xtribute seat is a little shorter in length so the rear cross strap doesn't sit on the seat but on the rack.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Automotive design Bag Personal protective equipment Luggage and bags Baggage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts