XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if we can get paddock stand bobbins that fit but don't go through the spindle (perhaps holes need to be drilled and tapped in the swinging arm). I only ask because the ones that do go through the spindle, like I have, are pretty pointless as you cannot loosen the spindle nut to adjust the chain with these fitted which kind of negates the point of them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes they look like they would do the job only they are pricey.
Not really too pricy when you consider they are holding your bike up. Don't want something that may break. Plus around $100 isn't too bad a price. I have the more expensive Gilles set sold by Bellissimoto, but got them for around $100 when they had a promotion here. I'd have done those if I found them first. Yamaha sells the Gilles set for I think near $200?

Either way the price is worth it to hold your bike up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 26631 You have something like this?
Yep that's more or less what I have. They cost me around $50 but my paddock stand has rubbers so I can use it directly on the swinging arm. It is better to use bobbins but as I said when i have another method I don't want to fork out $120 or more (they will be more expensive here in the UK)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts