XSR 700 Forums banner

Oxford Indicator Spacers - How do they fit?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jaysee 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I’m in the process of fitting Oxford Nano LED indicators to my bike and I’ve run into an issue I’m hoping you guys can help with.
The front pair went on okay(ish) mounted to the Brogue bracket, but the the rear pair need adapters to fit the Evotech tail tidy.
So, I bought a set of Oxford Yamaha Type 2 spacers, but no matter how I mate them up it feels a bit janky.
I’m guessing I’m not the first to have done this, but I can’t find any instructions whatsoever anywhere on line.
Any chance you guys could steer me right?
Cheers!
BTW, here’s a shot of the front so far. Will post full pics elsewhere once all done.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,
ive spent 60 seconds looking at this so I am probably wrong, out the 4 bits 2 are different to the other 2? do they not fit one either side of the tail tidy and slot into each other? when you tighten the indicators that holds it all together....
You may need to shim them depending on hole size..

#3 ·
I think you’re right about what it’s supposed to look like, but try as I might the adapters won’t fit properly into the hole in the tail tidy. Very frustrating.
Looks like I might need to fabricate something, but I’m astounded that despite there no doubt being tonnes of these tail tidies out there in the wild, and presumably a large proportion of them with aftermarket LEDs, I can’t find any info on how to make it work.

#5 ·
I had the exact same issue when installing my LED indicators with the same Oxford spacers on my Evotech tail tidy so I feel your frustration. No matter what I did I couldn’t get them to work!
In the end I returned them I ordered a pair of these and it solved it. Any more questions let’s me know!

Hope that helps!

#6 ·
Thanks guys.
I ended up 'solving' the problem through some judicious use of a file to get one half of each pair down to size, and then using silicone to hold the pieces in place.
Far from an ideal situation, but it works.
Here are some shots of the end result:
Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.