XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let people know that I have just fitted some Oxford Hotgrips to my 2016 XSR 700, the type that fitted exactly without any trimming of the grips is the "Retro" version. The grip pattern suits the bike and apart from the usual mess about routing the wiring it was an easy job, I secured the controller using a U bolt and fitted it near the clutch lever. Hope this helps someone decide which of the 4 versions will fit their XSR. Cheers Onslowe

·
Registered
423 Posts
Those are some really nice grips. I have them on my V7 III and I mounted the controller on the top triple clamp, handy to adjust the heat which you will do as temps increase or decrease. I know what you mean about the wiring and it is a chore to try to hide the wad you end up with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to let people know that I have just fitted some Oxford Hotgrips to my 2016 XSR 700, the type that fitted exactly without any trimming of the grips is the "Retro" version. The grip pattern suits the bike and apart from the usual mess about routing the wiring it was an easy job, I secured the controller using a U bolt and fitted it near the clutch lever. Hope this helps someone decide which of the 4 versions will fit their XSR. Cheers Onslowe
I recently fitted the retro ones. Can't fault them! I found it much easier to wire back to the battery by taking the tank panels off, would be quite difficult to do otherwise. Only issue I have now is that as the grips are open ended, and the bars on on the xtribute are blanked off, so will need to look at creating a threaded hole through them to install some bar ends. All fun and games!

EDIT: I used the bolt on the LHS mirror to clamp the temperature controller with the included bracket. I guess this can only be used if you have the stock mirrors, which I do at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts