XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really struggling to fit optimate on bike fits easy enough but there is no room between battery and seat. Anyone found a better route?.
Intend to fit my sat nav and looking for switched live best plan to date seems to be dropping live wire in ignition fuse and neutral to battery.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
To fit the Optimate cable I removed the tool tray.

I stored the tools from the tray in a small bag under the seat.

Brian

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Brian and John thanks for help 2 brilliant ideas which I'm sure I will be using eBay seller is just down the road from were my bike as it's 600 mile service on Friday.
And thanks to Dennis in the Netherlands for is brilliant pictures on siting the Garmin behind fly screen.
Have ordered parts off eBay

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Optimate lead and sat nav additional

Male plug as arrived from eBay, Yamaha additional 12 volt switched live resides just behind rectifier.
Next question do any of my new xsr worldwide family no which colour is the live wire and which is neutral....
Will a simple bulb to earth test reveal all?
Concerning the male connector do you push wire through BEFORE crimping fittings or crimp fitting on to wires and push into connection block?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Optimate lead and sat nav additional

Male plug as arrived from eBay, Yamaha additional 12 volt switched live resides just behind rectifier.
Next question do any of my new xsr worldwide family no which colour is the live wire and which is neutral....
Will a simple bulb to earth test reveal all?
Concerning the male connector do you push wire through BEFORE crimping fittings or crimp fitting on to wires and push into connection block?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bring back an old thread - can anyone confirm this is a SWITCHED live? I placed my multi meter on it and was still getting a read out even after the bike was off for a minute?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts