XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the first visit to the mechanic at 1000km he asked me to go back at 5000km for a quick check on the bike.

I've now passed the 5k mark so today I scheduled a visit. The mechanic told me that he will change the engine oil.

I generally trust this mechanic and he is an oficial Yamaha representative however on the bike manual it only mentions oil changes at 1000 and 10k km...

Any of you xsr owners changed the oil engine after 5k km?
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Me not. And my engine is still alive :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
747 Posts
Presumably he changed the engine oil + filter at 1000km? If so, they won't need changing again until 10000km. But, I suppose it's better to change more frequently than recommended rather than less frequently, particularly if the bike has been ridden hard or has lots of short trips. If he didn't change oil + filter at 1000km, then do it straight away!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The oil was changed at 1000km. Tomorrow I'll try to understand if he's being over zealous or if he's just trying to earn a few extra €€.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will preface this by saying some of the worst mechanics i've ever had were dealer certified. That said, changing your oil early is never a bad thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts