XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, being totally lazy, could anyone advise stock oem tyre pressure for the pirelli phantoms?

Maybe me or the cold weather but bike seems to 'fall' at slow speed more than usual. Perhaps cold tyres after work and/or maybe just need a quick top up.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have noticed much more grip on the edge of the tyre when the pressure its a bit lower than recommended.
Do you rode with less pressure? Felt the same?

Edit: I weight 72kg, and the suspensions are oem, with rear shock set on "5".
Tyres with 10000km of use.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have noticed much more grip on the edge of the tyre when the pressure its a bit lower than recommended.
Do you rode with less pressure? Felt the same?

Edit: I weight 72kg, and the suspensions are oem, with rear shock set on "5".
Tyres with 10000km of use.
About 77kg. Ive not topped them up since purchase and a punctured rear. Thinking ill go check as has been about 4 months since last check by garage. Im not good/confident enough yet to start experimenting with diff tyre pressures. ...or perhaps notice the diff in the corners.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just some friendly advice, please check your tire pressure more often and set them to the recommended 33psi front/36psi rear. It's critical for safety and performance. Look them over before every ride. I like to check them weekly if not before every few rides. Tire pressure should be checked on cold tires.

Going down 1 or 2 psi does make a difference and you will get a feel for the changes with seat time and actually checking the pressures.

Ride on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts