XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a Yami service writer tell me in mid-2020 that I should "always use the kill switch to stop engine, not the ignition switch". Said they had a bike come in with ECU stacked full of error codes, think he said Yamaha advised them to reset the ECU, and advised to use kill switch first, then ignition stop.

With that difficult to get to key switch I do use the kill switch to stop bike, then I turn off ignition switch & pull key.

I was going to post this but forgot about it till now. Anybody have a light they can shine on this curiosity? Designing the kill & start as a single switch behind this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I almost never use the kill switch and I've also never had an error code come up because I just turned the thing off. For me, I don't use the kill switch because it's too easy to remember to "unkill" the switch then try to figure out why I can't start the thing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same here, key every time for me, although I have accidentally "killed it" pushing the switch back to "normal" hence always using the key.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like our Yami service writer is in need of some training and experience. We can probably safely mark this one as "nothing to see here"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts