XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commuting in this horrible weather (0 degrees C today) means bar muffs, top box, rack and lots of muck so she doesn't look so pretty now, roll on March/April!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. How are the tires holding up? I figure they might be rock hard and have the traction of a hockey puck.
Not bad actually, but not inspiring in the cold and wet either, 6000 miles on her now and they do need a change really but trying to hold on to month end and payday, but I know new tyres will probably pay for themselves if they keep her shiny side up. Gave her a wash today and then got the ACF50 out and gave the swing arm and coolant pipes a coating. Swingarm is showing small bare holes in the paint but otherwise holding up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I really feel for the guys who have to use their bikes as all round transportation. It's literally impossible where I live and winters can last from the Middle of November till the middle of May easily and the months of January through March are in snow season when the snowmobiles rule the land. Even the dealers make a switch from motorcycles to the belt driven machines. One thing is for sure, the condition of a bike that doesn't have to go through the winter with salt and sand all over the roads is in much better shape that those that do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts