XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought my XSR a few weeks ago, that's my first bike and I'm very pleased with it yet.

I already put a R&G tail tidy, gonna put a black Evotech radiator guard and paint the sides black too, and install heating grips ASAP as it's getting cold here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually nothing! I just got my licence in October just before my 36th birthday :)

I learned to ride on a Suzuki SV, then test drove a Triumph Bonneville T100 (mmh), T120 (great! actually was looking to buy one) and a BMW RnineT (didn't like the overall roughness and the boxer motor tilt effect) before settling for the XSR, with which I'm very pleased!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Actually nothing! I just got my licence in October just before my 36th birthday :)

I learned to ride on a Suzuki SV, then test drove a Triumph Bonneville T100 (mmh), T120 (great! actually was looking to buy one) and a BMW RnineT (didn't like the overall roughness and the boxer motor tilt effect) before settling for the XSR, with which I'm very pleased!
Those are some impressive moves for a beginner, you just fast tracked up the CC levels quite a bit since if you look around enough you'll notice most new riders stick with lower CC bikes for a at least a season or two before kicking it up a notch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the Bonnevilles both feel very easy to ride, but weight a lot more than the XSR and aren't that powerful (55hp for the T100, and 80hp for the T120 despite the 1200cc displacement).

The torque available at 3000rpm is addicting, but the XSR is more nervous than those two, feeling much closer to the RnineT (which is a nice bike but priced way too high for such a bare-bone machine).

I also rode for 3 years on a motorscooter so I'm not exactly a 2-wheels beginner :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts