XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've been spending far too much time at work reading this forum over the past couple of weeks. So I though I would join and ask some questions of my own!

I'm excited to get some info and inspiration from all you friendly people. And even more excited to get modifying my new XSR :D

Anyone out there in Sydney? I'm on the northern beaches.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've been spending far too much time at work reading this forum over the past couple of weeks. So I though I would join and ask some questions of my own!

I'm excited to get some info and inspiration from all you friendly people. And even more excited to get modifying my new XSR :D

Hello Mr White,

I'm from Sydney but now living down near Wollongong, I have started to modify my XSR and done a heap so far with another box full of parts to go on, I'll throw some more pics up soon in the 'what did you do today' section. More than happy to help out with any questions mate.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Mr White,

I'm from Sydney but now living down near Wollongong, I have started to modify my XSR and done a heap so far with another box full of parts to go on, I'll throw some more pics up soon in the 'what did you do today' section. More than happy to help out with any questions mate.

Cheers
Hey Monaz,

Yeah would love to see more pictures man. I do have one question for you actually, are those mirrors Rizoma? How are you finding the bar end mirrors in general in terms of visibility and filtering?

Cheers!

·
Registered
53 Posts
No they aren't actually, I cant actually remember the name of them right now, but I can take a look tomorrow for you. I picked them up from the dealer for just over 100 bucks. They are billet aluminium and the rear vision is not as good as the standard ones, but certainly not bad either! Filtering - nil issue as they really aren't any wider than the bars.

If you check out the XSR700/XSR900 Australia facebook page, I have a few more pics there but I'll put up some over in the 'Share pics' post now.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No they aren't actually, I cant actually remember the name of them right now, but I can take a look tomorrow for you. I picked them up from the dealer for just over 100 bucks. They are billet aluminium and the rear vision is not as good as the standard ones, but certainly not bad either! Filtering - nil issue as they really aren't any wider than the bars.

If you check out the XSR700/XSR900 Australia facebook page, I have a few more pics there but I'll put up some over in the 'Share pics' post now.

Cheers
Oh sweet I'll definitely check out the FB page. Yeah if you can find the name of those mirrors, that would be awesome! What dealer was it out of interest?

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys,

Welcome to the forum Mr. White. Fairly new myself so its always nice to 'see' fresh faces! Looking forward to hearing more about your mods down the line

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey Guys,

Hence why I tell most people to just ride whatever bike they're interested in, read up on some facts and then pull the trigger! Often its that first ride that gives you more answers as to what you want to do more than the internet can :D

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hence why I tell most people to just ride whatever bike they're interested in, read up on some facts and then pull the trigger! Often its that first ride that gives you more answers as to what you want to do more than the internet can :D

Welcome to the forum!
It's funny actually, I went to test ride both the MT and the XSR. I knew they had exactly the same engine, but wanted to compare the handling and feel. The MT was the perfect height for me and the handling felt really familiar. But I couldn't take my eyes off the XSR, everything about it was just more exciting.

I actually left the dealer that day having put down a deposit on the MT. As soon as I got home I knew I had made the wrong decision (the safer, slightly less expensive, and way less exciting decision) took me the weekend to finally listen to my gut and call up the dealer, asking for the XSR instead.

So glad I did it.. The MT is a cool bike, but I'm sure i would've gotten over it by now. I still can't stop staring at my XSR. Even without a single modifictaction!

So yeah lesson learned... No point screwing around, go with your gut!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome! I’m from Sydney too. Live near Carlingford and ride every weekend pretty much :) this weekends plans are down to do the Nasho, bald hill then fish and chips on the beach somewhere probably Austinmer and continue to who knows where! Other weekends we do wisemans or putty etc. If you are looking for riding buddies just message me. We are a friendly bunch with no big ego’s.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I still can't stop staring at my XSR. Even without a single modifictaction!

So yeah lesson learned... No point screwing around, go with your gut!
I've had loads of people saying to me "nice bike" when the see my 60th Anniversary XSR :smile2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome! I’m from Sydney too. Live near Carlingford and ride every weekend pretty much :) this weekends plans are down to do the Nasho, bald hill then fish and chips on the beach somewhere probably Austinmer and continue to who knows where! Other weekends we do wisemans or putty etc. If you are looking for riding buddies just message me. We are a friendly bunch with no big ego’s.
I'd be keen to grab a coffee and have a chat or even tag along sometime mate, I live in Thirroul so I have the coast road and Nasho on my back door step. I pretty much ride that road everyday to be honest, what time/day you heading down to Bald Hill? You can hit me up on Instagram: timstagram77 :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mr.White and the rest of the Sydney crew, I am a new owner since the middle of this month and also live on the Northern Beaches in Sydney. This is my first bike so would be good to get to know a few of you and head out on some rides. Heres my new XSR uploaded below.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
G'day CJ....

Welcome!! I'm not from the Northern Beaches, in fact I'm from the Southern side of Sydney now, but definitely keen to catch up for a ride.
Also liking the single seat set up, any chance you could get a couple pics from the rear of the bike for me? I'm interested to see how far back the seat sits from the (open tube) sub frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice sounds like a great ride! I haven't ventured that far yet. I'll definitely have to hit you up later in the summer when I get some time off work. All I've had time to do so far is commute :frown2: I'm gonna need some coastal twisties in my system soon!

Hi Mr.White and the rest of the Sydney crew, I am a new owner since the middle of this month and also live on the Northern Beaches in Sydney. This is my first bike so would be good to get to know a few of you and head out on some rides. Heres my new XSR uploaded below.
Hey CJ nice to virtually meet you. I feel like I may have ridden past you at some point. Do you ever head up to palm beach?

I love the single seat look! would love to see it in the flesh some time. I'm considering doing the same, along with getting a stubbier front light bucket, like the Super 7 one

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi :)
Are you still on your learners license? If you need some assistance to prepare for the MOST head over to Homebush. I volunteer there whenever I’m free. It’s a fantastic way to meet up with other motorbike people who are all there to teach and learn from each other and It’s FREE! Google Netrider Sydney learner sessions.

If you are comfortable enough to hit the twisty stuff I’ll be attending a L&P friendly ride this Saturday starting at Windsor and heading to Putty to do the 10mileup towards Broke and back, meet other learners of all ages and gain some group riding skills with plenty of mentors. All riders ride at there own pace with someone leading the group and others slotted in between and at the end to guide so no one gets lost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Sydney folks. Just picked up my XSR and new to this forum as well. I'm in Rose Bay. If anyone is interested in meeting for a ride, let me know.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts