XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Congratulation, hope after your quick turn home you will find the weather and time for a proper run,

BR
hombacher

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I picket up my Saturday. My first ride home about 120 km (catch some rain a little bit of hail for a minute) and yesterday another 1 hour of cruising. Get same silver as you ;) One think I would like to change is speedo position. I cant take one from Gilles because windshield so looking for another solution. For my height 6" the only one middleweight naked that suits me perfectly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the same windshield and fitted the Gilles bracket - it will fit, just need to take your time and squeeze it a bit! And yours is still the best colour......

Enjoy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,
I picket up my Saturday. My first ride home about 120 km (catch some rain a little bit of hail for a minute) and yesterday another 1 hour of cruising. Get same silver as you ;) One think I would like to change is speedo position. I cant take one from Gilles because windshield so looking for another solution. For my height 6" the only one middleweight naked that suits me perfectly.

View attachment 26150
Nice, someone did all those mods for you already. May want to paint the side radiator covers black. Not sure if you have a radiator screen on there already or not.

Took a minute to notice someone spoofed the oem exhaust to look like an SC project exhaust. Previous owner must have been a wee lad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, he did almost all already. I have to change speedo relocation, side radiators covers paint black. Side covers for rear brake oil/seat lock and maybe upper fork covers. I am looking to change headlight bulb too. I have white led front light and that yellowish light looks weird against that LED. Have you some good LED bulb tips for front headlight (europe).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the same windshield and fitted the Gilles bracket - it will fit, just need to take your time and squeeze it a bit! And yours is still the best colour......

Enjoy!
Really? They answered me directly from Gilles it is not possible. Can you send me photo how it is fit from the driver point of view? Maybe from side too?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice, someone did all those mods for you already. May want to paint the side radiator covers black. Not sure if you have a radiator screen on there already or not.

Took a minute to notice someone spoofed the oem exhaust to look like an SC project exhaust. Previous owner must have been a wee lad.
The first owner from Italy did all that original parts and tail tidy. The second from Czechia did it the cheapest way :). The SC sticker looks bad. I would like to change the exhasut too. But not something loud. Any advices? Maybe LeoVince One Evo - ECE/EU-Approved. I like the sound of ixrace mk2. Is there some bestseller in this category?

I like the style of SC-project conic 70s euro 3 but it is not XSR 700 approved they say. Its for mt07. Looking for something good looking with good not a loud exhaust for a young guy with a mt 07.

Thank you

·
Registered
323 Posts
The first owner from Italy did all that original parts and tail tidy. The second from Czechia did it the cheapest way :). The SC sticker looks bad. I would like to change the exhasut too. But not something loud. Any advices? Maybe LeoVince One Evo - ECE/EU-Approved. I like the sound of ixrace mk2. Is there some bestseller in this category?

I like the style of SC-project conic 70s euro 3 but it is not XSR 700 approved they say. Its for mt07. Looking for something good looking with good not a loud exhaust for a young guy with a mt 07.

Thank you
Yea the akropovic with the baffles not too loud. The Leo Vince heard was nice, some guys on here have it and like it a lot(different variations), the yoshimura xsr700 y-series full exhaust was specifically designed for the xsr700, the euro4 sc project conical looks and sounds nice. And someone on this forum will probably sell you their oem exhaust for next to nothing, shipping will prob cost more. So many options
Search this forum for exhaust, keep an open mind and you will find what you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - just black plastic pipe from my local diy store. Can't remember the diameter but just cut to fit and then cut down the middle so you can simply push fir it over the forks. Cheapest and easiest mod for about £3!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts