XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought this bike I thought,..its good to slow down and get a smaller bike, sold my ZX10 and was prepared for life in the slow lane cruising around,...but wow what a weapon :grin2: handles like my mountain bike and the 650 twin is mad when stoked !

So maybe I wouldnjust do a tail tidy and a zorst, but the mods are so easy to do and addictive, YAMAHAHA has just nailed it with this bike:smile2:

Current mods:
Titanium akrapovic (baffles out)
Evotech tail tidy (blacked out)
Blinkers and taillight smoked
Footpeg feelers , grinded :)))
Headlight bulb arctic blue
Evotech hedlight guard
Evotech radguard
Radguards, drilled and black (subframes binned)
Front fender chopped
R&G through-axle trackstand bobbins
Side engine covers blacked and "damaged"
Yamaha logos blacked and "scratched"

To come:
All grey abs, blacked
Knobby tires
Power commander and dyno tune
Free flow air filters
Flat seat

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's an impressive list. :)

The foot peg feelers unscrew for future reference.

Did you run the bike with the baffle out and no power commander? Was it running rough? I'm wondering if the power commander made a noticeable difference to the tune after installing exhaust and removing the baffle. I kind of know the answer but I'm wondering if you can get away without the power commander for a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an impressive list. :)

The foot peg feelers unscrew for future reference.

Did you run the bike with the baffle out and no power commander? Was it running rough? I'm wondering if the power commander made a noticeable difference to the tune after installing exhaust and removing the baffle. I kind of know the answer but I'm wondering if you can get away without the power commander for a while.
I dont have power commander yet.......bike seems to rev More freely I guess with less back pressure.

You dont need a PC with bolt on zorst as the O2 sensor does the job. It sends msg to ecu of current O2 and adjust Air/fuel.

If there was an issue the ecu would throw an error light.

Thats why your bike doesnt die when you ride from sea level to the top of the mountain :wink2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi mate, mind to share video with sound of that exhaust?
iam really looking into it, and already got disappointed once with SC Project

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice bike Cdn1! I reckon it's looking good already, add some bar end mirrors and it'll be bang on!!

Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey Cdn1, since i cant PM you, i'd like to ask:
- do you have catalyst with that exhaust? is it needed?
- how difficult was to remove db killer and is it possible to put it back if needed?

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts