XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had this 2018 model since the end of august and loving it so far, can anyone recommend some bar end mirrors that are as good as the original mirrors and don't extend past the stock handlebars, the shed i keep the bike in isn't much wider than than the bike and its a pain having to readjust the view every time i pull the bike out the shed

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed these bar end mirrors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BQJ63D/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pleasantly surprised by the quality. The mirror has a blue tint, which took getting used to but now I don't really notice. They come with a spacers that allow you to fit them over the stock bar ends. The only thing I don't like is that the end of the stock clutch lever taps against the mirror mounts. Solved the issue by swapping out shorty levers.

How do you like the Scorpion exhaust?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply bud..
they look ideal stick out slightly from the bar end but i think a block of rubber between the bars and the brick wall would sort that out, just so happens i was thinking about new levers as well which ones did you choose

the exhaust actually came with the bike when i bought it and sounds great gets you noticed when filtering if you drop it down a gear

·
Registered
187 Posts
Seems like there are two options for levers: cheap ebay/Chinese or expensive name brands. Didn't know whether I'd like the sorter levers or not so I went with the cheap ebay levers to give them a try:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Brake-Clutch-Levers-for-Yamaha-XSR-700-XJR-1200-XT350-600-1200-YS250-XV-950/253870236910?hash=item3b1bd864eeⓂ️mOpkQ9HRZtp7NbUVA6reZjg:rk:1[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]f:0
And will you be keeping them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks pal
next job is to tidy the front end up a bit with some gaiters, bar end mirrors and levers then maybe swap the old style bulbs for some LED lights

that will probably have to wait till next year though as winter is nearly upon us and its time to get the car back on the road, i'm not wanting my bike wrecked because of freezing temperatures and road salt, couldn't give a monkeys about the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts