XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title suggests I'm having speefo issues.

My original speedo stopped working (the display just blanked one day) and after trying everything to no avail, I bought a replacement.

On fitting the replacement, everything appeared to work perfectly, it displays gear selected, revs, fuel etc, but for some reason the speed remains at 0 and the odometer doesn't register any mileage.

I have checked all the rear wheel speed sensor connections, and even tried a new sensor, but still have had no luck.

My bike is a 2018, and I believe the replacement speedo is from a 2019.

I'm at an absolute loss, pulled the bike to bits today and checked everything was plugged in, had the headlight off, the ecu, side panels everything, and it seems everything is as it should be.

Only thing I can think is that the pins on the actual plug that plugs into the speedo are arranged in slightly different configuration, but without seeing a before/after picture it would be impossible to know for sure.

If anyone has experienced anything similar, or has any ideas as to what the issue might be, please let me know.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
Was the 'new' speedo second hand? If so, that might explain why it doesn't work!
Sounds like an expensive visit to a main dealer is likely.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Is your ABS working? Might want to check the fuses.
Any fault in context to the ABS, such as sensor, fuses even battery voltage, will cause the ABS light coming up.

So, @Mumhatesbikes here are some spread threads to this speedo topic. There is a link to a video with a MT speedo as well. I always assume in a first attempt a contact problem. If you are lucky, it is the big grey connector to the speedo, cleaning and protecting. If this does not help, dismantle the speedo and check the internal connectors, mainly the board to the display. Gentle pressing on the glass may also show if there is some live in the speedo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts