XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 20 years hiatus from riding, I picked up a 2018 yam demo bike and am loving it. My first bike was a GS500, followed by 1200sportster, and lastly a SV650 (the 2nd year of production bought new in 2000 and laid down the next year).
Any Seattle riders out there?
John

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Welcome to the forum, John. The XSR engine isn't such a peach as the SV650 (can't beat a real V Twin!), but the XSR is certainly prettier and a bit more roomy - especially compared to the current SV. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum, John. The XSR engine isn't such a peach as the SV650 (can't beat a real V Twin!), but the XSR is certainly prettier and a bit more roomy - especially compared to the current SV. Enjoy it!
Thanks el tigre! If I were planning on spending time at the track, the SV would've been a better pick. But I do love the XSR sound with a proper exhaust. Gears 1-3 are a blast...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Congrats! What part of town you in? I'm in west seattle. PM me if you're up for an Alki cruise or other tom-foolery...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm up on the north side, not technically Seattle, in the Kenmore area. Ultimately still getting used to it - I'm coming from a Ninja 250R, so this thing is a lot more to handle... Going to keep it local for a little while while, but maybe later this summer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roger that. Be safe and enjoy! I am!
Ping me if you want to meet up later. (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! Different itch requires a different scratch. Sportster was fun for what it was. The XSR is similar to my old SV650. Just with a lot more style and fun-factor. (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts