XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought an xsr700.
It was a Yamaha demo bike, #28 in the states .
It has 3400 miles on it. It has the factory Yoshimura pipe with cat.
I just put Bridgestone Scramblers on it,changed the oil, (Rotella 5-40 syn) k&n filter.
I am making new headlight stays to incorporate the windscreen and signals. Just ordered a skid plate from KGL.
I have more mods planned:cool:
Seem to be having trouble with pics from my phone

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome aboard mate. First bike or ? There are smart people here to help out, this group helps me often.

Here's a good sooner rather than later mod, toss the stock front brake pads and replace with sintered :
EBC HH Brake Pads
Front: EBC FA252HH

Seat of the pants improvement

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check out those pads.
I have 3 other bikes and 2 quads.
I always use forums for a great knowledge base.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Welcome Pistonman. Sounds like you've got a good project there. Look forward to seeing some pics when they appear!

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
111 Posts
Xsr700
Headlight mount still in work.
I like your tires, I plan to buy those (by mid-summer) the Dunlop Mutant tires are too $$$, and mostly only available from Europe.
I only have 1,900 miles on my XSR, I want to get a little more use out of the Pirelli Phantoms...
I'm also doing a headlight mount re-work. I went to Koso LED, lowered 2 1/4" set back 3 1/4".
I look forward to watching your Scrambler develop.
I just noticed you too are from the PNW. I'm in Port Angeles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live about 10 miles south of Kingston.
I have a Puig shield with no mounts, and led turns being the reason for the rework.
1/8 al plate without the the spacers tightens it up a bit. So far I just put an led bulb in the stock bucket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts