XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting some money next year. Should i buy a new xsr700 or wait for a used 700 or 900? In canada

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am getting some money next year. Should i buy a new xsr700 or wait for a used 700 or 900? In canada
It's always better to hop on a good deal if you can find one! The CP2 engine has been on the road for 5 years now and is bulletproof. The problem is no one wants to sell them once they have them! As always look for service history and make sure owner wasn't an idiot. Good Luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you buy right now in Canada you'll likely get a discount, up to about 10% if you include the Costco membership rebate.

Dealers in my area are no longer finding possible to keep certain colours in stock. They're getting whatever they can and having them painted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No used ones around so far. I do like the blue coming out in 2019 in Canada.
I saw one for $8225 CAD. Peeking my interest. I will keep looking for now. I still don't have my deposit yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw a demo model for decent price, has 5000 km. Do demos take a beating?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I saw a demo model for decent price, has 5000 km. Do demos take a beating?
Depends who's been riding it! Most demo bikes will have been ridden pretty hard from 0 miles - not generally a good thing. But that's reflected in their price, so you take a chance. A 'one private owner' used bike could also have been hammered. The XSR is less likely to suffer the kind of abuse a sports bike might, so it ought to be a reasonably safe used buy. You have to weigh up whether the saving is worth the risk - I've had several used bikes including ex demos without any issues. Some dealers will add a few accessories to their demo bikes which makes them easier to shift later - they also have more leeway on price as manufacturers will usually discount demo bikes provided to the dealer, so try haggling hard!

·
Registered
371 Posts
If a person can find a decent looking bike that's a year or two old, owned by an older rider and get a couple grand off the MSRP, it's generally a good deal. An older rider in most cases has been easier on the machine and taken good care of it. Secondly, if it's stock, it hasn't been "goofed with". And third, you won't have the depreciation factor that eats away at all sports motorized vehicles. As anyone who has done it knows, buy a brand new bike, ride it off the lot, take it back the next week and want to trade it an you'll lose a couple grand. Buying a used bike will beat that. Just make sure it's in good shape, look it over for obvious miss-use or tinkering (as I say).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went new. I could not find much I liked used. I am in Ontario. paid 8642 and got a helmet thrown in. I am stoked

1 - 11 of 11 Posts