XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just bought a 2021 and right away ordered an SW Motech center stand. Also want to replace the exhaust with a compatible exhaust system that has a more throaty, yet not overly loud. Hard to choose without actually hearing, Someone posted that it fit with the Delkevic exhaust with 18 inch can and was not too loud as you might expect with a muffler that size. Does the board know of any others?

Thanks,

George in Vancouver BC

·
Super Moderator
747 Posts
Welcome geodoc. Have a look through the threads in the Exhaust section - all your questions and even those you've never thought of will be answered there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have some concers about the aftermarket exhausts except the akrapovic systems. Firtst things firts you will loose your two year warranty which isn’t that really much but if you have some big factory issue, it will appear in the 2 year session. Then i recommend you what Tigerjohn wrote, see the exhaust section.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did have a wander through the posts on exhausts compatible with the center stand. Only one I found with it specifically mentioned was the Delkevic system. Did I miss one / some?

Might, as a new poster, mention some initial impressions. I decided to sell my long time owned traveling rig - '01 Triumph Sprint RS because as the years marched on it became just too damn heavy. The XSR is 125 lb. lighter (full fuel) and way easier to handle moving it around. I like it's nimbleness yet with cruise speed stability. Even with its "poverty pack" suspension, it's not all that bad in that dept. Plenty of power for my purposes.

On the minus side, the seat is torture. Ordered a Corbin. Had a Sargent on the Sprint and loved it (with Alaska Leather sheepskin pad) but they don't make one for the XSR700 so the Corbin is runner up. We'll see. Secondly is the 'jerky' throttle response. Our local dyno tuning guy has tweaked many XSR700's and MT-07's to correct just this, but is waiting on 2021 version map software so will be waiting for that as well as after 1st service and selection / installation of throatier yet not much louder exhaust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did have a wander through the posts on exhausts compatible with the center stand. Only one I found with it specifically mentioned was the Delkevic system. Did I miss one / some?

Might, as a new poster, mention some initial impressions. I decided to sell my long time owned traveling rig - '01 Triumph Sprint RS because as the years marched on it became just too damn heavy. The XSR is 125 lb. lighter (full fuel) and way easier to handle moving it around. I like it's nimbleness yet with cruise speed stability. Even with its "poverty pack" suspension, it's not all that bad in that dept. Plenty of power for my purposes.

On the minus side, the seat is torture. Ordered a Corbin. Had a Sargent on the Sprint and loved it (with Alaska Leather sheepskin pad) but they don't make one for the XSR700 so the Corbin is runner up. We'll see. Secondly is the 'jerky' throttle response. Our local dyno tuning guy has tweaked many XSR700's and MT-07's to correct just this, but is waiting on 2021 version map software so will be waiting for that as well as after 1st service and selection / installation of throatier yet not much louder exhaust.
If you've bought a 2021 you'll have the Euro 5 exhaust so I believe you'll either need an ECU remap or EURO 5 compliant. Curious about this myself so interested to see how you get on. Strange you mentioned about the uncomfortable seat as I found the xsr to be very comfy but I have heard good things about the Corbin. I recently switched to the solo and found that nowhere near as comfy as the stock. I enjoy the throttle response as it does give you that hooligan option if the circumstances are favorable.

·
Super Moderator
747 Posts
I went from the standard seat to the solo as well, but didn't get on with the solo - found it even harsher than the OEM seat. I ended up with the XTribute standard seat, which was a dream in comparison. (It's still for sale if anyone's interested!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got the center stand installed. Pretty easy, though it took a large cheater bar to get some of the fasteners loose. The exhaust outlet shroud supplied from SW Motech is hideous so I took die grinder with cut-off disc, carbide burr and a rivet gun with a flat die and bucking bar to get clearance with the stock shroud. It now all clears.

Turns out that the new helmet that I bought last year and had painted in a Jarno Saarinen commemorative paint scheme happens to match the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts