XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is eric I have just joined my first forum at 62 years old. I bought an anniversary edition xsr700 one month ago new on an 18 plate from Deardens in Southampton. Just had first service and enjoying the bike. Dont plan on doing much to the bike other than radiator guard ,rack, heated grips and screen. Been riding since 1973 and had plenty of different bikes , this is my first twin. cheers eric.

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
Hi my name is eric I have just joined my first forum at 62 years old. ..... Been riding since 1973 and had plenty of different bikes , this is my first twin.
Never let it be said that you can't teach an old dog new tricks! Welcome to the forum, Eric. You've been riding even longer than me (1974), though it seems to have taken a long time to appreciate the great characteristics of a twin, especially one which tries to mimic the V twin configuration (now that's an engine you really should try at some point!). Enjoy your XSR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the kind replies , yes I should have tried a twin earlier, I'm really enjoying it especially now the first service is out of the way.cheers eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts