XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha XSR700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been looking around these forums when I was deciding on a bike to buy and now that I've bought an xsr as of a couple months ago. This is my first bike and I've been having a blast on it so far and decided I want to be an active member on the forums here. Seeing how help and knowledgeful some of you are here has been a huge help and seeing your builds have really inspired me. All the mods done to it (painted tank covers, NRC fender eliminator, LED turn signals, two brother exhausted, booster plug) were done by the last owner, but also left me all stock parts too. I have tons of ideas for what I want to turn my bike into, but will mostly likely hold off on that and just enjoy the bike and get better at riding first and just get some QOL improvements, crash gaurds, paddock bobbins, maybe take a crack at fabricating some brackets. Either way I lok forward to being a member here as I learn more about motorcycles and turn my xsr into my own.

Thanks, daPandaMan

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You picked a pretty powerful bike for a first one. :) Be careful and enjoy your riding. When you have a minute, please add your location to your profile or sig line. It gives more context to your posts beyond just USA and helps others better answer any questions you might have, as well better understanding your perspective.

The more riding time on your bike you get, the better you'll understand what you want to change or add to meet your needs. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That license plate looks a neat fit....but would be guaranteed to get you pulled over, here in the UK! Enjoy your projects.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha XSR700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. That license plate looks a neat fit....but would be guaranteed to get you pulled over, here in the UK! Enjoy your projects.
am always envious that you guys in the US seem to get away with barely visible license plates.🙃
Definitely tucked in there a little more than I prefered, when I bought the bike I bent it down a little more. Currently I'm planning on getting a swing arm plate holder, most likely switch to the single seat (and maybe see if I can get Kelpi or Brogue to reupholster) then remove subframe and come up with some sort of rear fender and lighting situation. But all of this will most likely be a winter project when I cannot ride and I'm hoping the cops will let me slide for 1 season. Thanks for the welcomes!

·
Registered
707 Posts
A lot of the patrol and police in Ohio don't look too kindly on that kind of plate placement, especially if it gets dirty to the point of not being readable. It appears there is still the rear sub-frame loop on the bike I'd recommend making a plate support to hang off the back at the tip of the sub-frame loop. In my opinion, probably shared by the police, it would look better than back inside the rear inner fender area. I kind of associate it with squids. Can't take enough time to set up a better mount. But then that's just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts