XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

joining the community from the french riviera, where it is so easy to enjoy the rides in my new XSR 700 2021 black edition ^^.
So far I've done some mods:
  • Relocation gauge from Brogue
  • Black aluminium chain protector
  • Black Spray-painted clutch and brake levers (primed+paint+clear coat) as well as passenger pegs (by default were chromed aluminium)
  • Black Spray-painted the support for the front fender (original was kind of dark-gold matching the rims, and original black part is around 50-something euros)
Waiting for:
  • IXIL hyperlow black (Euro 5), for which I expect to ceramic paint the headers in black satin (high temperature prime+paint+clear coat)
  • Tail tidy from Evotech Performance
  • Doing something with the front light, most likely replacing with XSR900 bucket and modifying the brackets accordingly to bring the whole thing tidier.
Would like to, but most like won't:
- Put the french lovely black plate (reserved for historical cars/bikes, 30+ years, only) :cry:

I've been following the forum for a while and always found good advice and very nice community, so decided to join and share.
Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics, although not all of them are with the latest black spray paints (levers, pegs, etc..)
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Actually, I would warn everyone about that seat. I love the looks and how confortable it is, specially for passenger, but it does not correctly fit 2021+ frame, although it's announced as compatible. What would be the right place in the forum to do so?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,
welcome, I love the South of France a beautiful part of the world. Great roads down there, we used to peel off the motorway at Lyon through St Etienne and just follow our noses down.. :D:D:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeahhh, it's actually a place with never ending rides : ) sometimes driving the coast as if you're flying over the sea, sometimes deep down at the beginning of the valleys of Les Alpes with twisting roads and full of rock-carved tunnels... and then the weather that let's you enjoy it 10 months a year...;)
shout-out when passing by !

·
Registered
XSR700, 2022 - Heritage White
67 Posts
wow that seat is amazing. Where did you get it and what exactly is the issue with it?

Here are some pics, although not all of them are with the latest black spray paints (levers, pegs, etc..) View attachment 27423
View attachment 27424
View attachment 27422

Actually, I would warn everyone about that seat. I love the looks and how confortable it is, specially for passenger, but it does not correctly fit 2021+ frame, although it's announced as compatible. What would be the right place in the forum to do so?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
bought it from here Siège Scrambler noir / marron pour Yamaha XSR700

There is a full black version as well.
One problem is that the seat fits loosy on the metal hook so it moves a bit on the rear back when moving the bike by hand, like in the garage for example.
But the biggest problem is that the seat rubber bushes(?) don't stand fully on the framework and therefore wears quick and unevenly. Asked customer support if there was an isolated unit problem or if it was a complete design issue, as it was announced as 21' compatible, and never got a real answer, only a proposition to have 60€ discount and find a solution by myself :oops:. Didn't want to send it back as I really like it, and it's really comfortable as well. Another issue is that the bushes are not plugged or screwed, they are 'riveted' so to replace them I'll have to cut the rivet (don't know what will do with the rivet part that will remain inside) an find bushes that somehow plug in the seat whole (as I think the original seat ones do). I'll look for a solution this summer. Also, I've dyed the black simili-cuir in black, as it is a kind of dark grey that doesn't fit the overall bike black.
The pictures of the issue:
Grey Wood Gas Button Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Font Automotive wheel system

Bicycle part Rim Carbon Automotive wheel system Auto part

As you can see, it wears uneven, so no really 100% compatible, and this is only in one month use, with passenger. Don't mind changing the bushes, but again, they're riveted and not screwed !! : (

wow that seat is amazing. Where did you get it and what exactly is the issue with it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised this being a cheap chinese production resold at 30 times the price, but the thing is that we're lacking options for xsr700 seats!!! I saw this amazing Italian manufacturer where only the seat cover was 250€ :eek::cry:

What seat you use guys?

·
Registered
XSR700, 2022 - Heritage White
67 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised this being a cheap chinese production resold at 30 times the price, but the thing is that we're lacking options for xsr700 seats!!! I saw this amazing Italian manufacturer where only the seat cover was 250€ :eek::cry:

What seat you use guys?
I'm still on the original seat. Though the bike is only 4 months old at this point. I am thinking I might buy another seat and have it redone. I love the black and brown style of yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still on the original seat. Though the bike is only 4 months old at this point. I am thinking I might buy another seat and have it redone. I love the black and brown style of yours.
Yes, that's a good option but was looking for something a bit more comfortable for passenger : /

1 - 12 of 12 Posts