XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a new lid as my old Caberg had seen better days. I went for the Bell Bullitt RSD carbon, got a great price on it from Urbanrider.co.uk it was originally £450, got it for £270. It doesn't have all the features of a new helmet with breath deflectors, chin curtains etc but it looks cool!

Haven't tested it yet but I'll try and get out for a ride later and see what it is like.

Attachments

Reactions: matt_banks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks a lot better with the clear visor, gives it more of a cafe retro look. You don't really need all the fancy vents and curtains in a helmet, all that matters is how safe it'll keep your noggin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't decide between the bubble and smoke visor for my bullitt tt so I got the mirror. Great helmet with great peripheral vision. Not as comfy as my gringo but definitely better to ride in IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For some reason I prefer the smoked straight visor opposed to the clear bubble, but I think when paired with the XSR itself, the bubble would show to look a lot better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also torn with the visors, both came with the helmet. I quite like the smoked as it looks more sleek but the bubble is a bit more retro!

I need to weather to warm up so I can get out on the bike again!

·
Registered
324 Posts
tinted visor for sunny days and bubble for when it's not as bright so you don't get a visor tan. Made that mistake once in my life and it was odd.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tinted visor for sunny days and bubble for when it's not as bright so you don't get a visor tan. Made that mistake once in my life and it was odd.
Haha, can't say that's ever happened to me although it would be quite funny!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
l love the retro looks of the Bell Bullit and i'd love one, but having tried one on i can't get it to fit snug enough....so i'll stick with my Shoei GT Air and Caberg Drift Carbon for now... i've aso heard they are quite noisy too??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
l love the retro looks of the Bell Bullit and i'd love one, but having tried one on i can't get it to fit snug enough....so i'll stick with my Shoei GT Air and Caberg Drift Carbon for now... i've aso heard they are quite noisy too??
Believe it or not, I still haven't been for a ride in it! I can imagine it will be noisier than my old caberg as the top vents don't close and the gap at the bottom is quite large. I was looking at the drift, nice looking lid.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A pair of earplugs or Bluetooth headset would fix the road noise if it's really loud. Great thing about that helmet is its weight, pretty light thanks to the carbon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A pair of earplugs or Bluetooth headset would fix the road noise if it's really loud. Great thing about that helmet is its weight, pretty light thanks to the carbon.
That's true mate, I always wear ear plugs when I ride unless it's a quick run to the shops.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I always think that ear buds will reduce peripheral noises and there for your perception to hazards....never worn them before so u guys tell me?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always think that ear buds will reduce peripheral noises and there for your perception to hazards....never worn them before so u guys tell me?
I've used them for years and never had a problem. They just cut out most of the wind noise which damages your hearing, you can still hear whats going on around you. Defo worth trying some out mate.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
That's the great thing about Shoei helmets...there's virtually no wind noise, so quiet. My Caberg is good, but i still notice the difference between the two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts