XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just traded my Suzuki V Strom 650 in for a new ‘18. Cant believe how much fun it is. In the process of ordering mods and new tires.
Looking forward to learning from everyone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys. Just traded my Suzuki V Strom 650 in for a new ‘18. Cant believe how much fun it is. In the process of ordering mods and new tires.
Looking forward to learning from everyone. View attachment 24525
Hi and welcome! I am thinking to add strom 650 into my garage. how has been your experience with it? I hear its the most comfortable and money worth bike ever along with the xsr 700 :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome! I am thinking to add strom 650 into my garage. how has been your experience with it? I hear its the most comfortable and money worth bike ever along with the xsr 700 :)
It was a fine bike. It was boring, but that shouldn't be a surprise. I didn't have any problems with mine. It was just a little too big for what I was actually doing with it -- driving down hilly and twisty backroads and wanting to pull over pretty frequently to take pictures.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
A 650 V Strom will make a great addition to your bike garage. It's roomy, super practical, carries a pillion in total comfort and has an engaging, reliable, proper, V twin engine. It's a great bike for touring and luggage carrying and it's pretty agile on the road. You'll find it significantly heavier than the XSR, though not as heavy as a lot of other higher displacement 'tourers'. I use mine for day trips out with the wife, solo camping tours and supermarket visits - it's a lovely bike. The XSR is a nice lightweight play thing to have as well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
A 650 V Strom will make a great addition to your bike garage. It's roomy, super practical, carries a pillion in total comfort and has an engaging, reliable, proper, V twin engine. It's a great bike for touring and luggage carrying and it's pretty agile on the road. You'll find it significantly heavier than the XSR, though not as heavy as a lot of other higher displacement 'tourers'. I use mine for day trips out with the wife, solo camping tours and supermarket visits - it's a lovely bike. The XSR is a nice lightweight play thing to have as well!
Thats exactly what Im kind of looking for. I need my better half to join me and that she is comfortable. Rides on xsr are a bit of a pain for her because of high pegs and the seat. I tried the vstrom once just sitting on it though and it fits me like a glove. I think ill start looking for some good deals.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
My other half can't ride pillion on the XSR - her knees won't bend enough! But she finds the V Strom very comfy. The 650 V Strom has plenty of power for carrying a pillion but still isn't too heavy. It's roomier than the Tracer 700 which is another option. Good second hand ones do come up - and often with useful extras added on like centre stand, heated grips, 12V socket etc. They are very reliable, tough bikes and have usually been owned by 'mature' riders. The newer (2017 0n) single headlight version has a few engine improvements over earlier models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts