XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Ive a problem/doubt with my XSR700. Ive ever wanted to change the headlight and now, ive bought a new 7” Led on Ledperf. The led its very good, and the light very bright and white...but its too big. The bucket/custody of the led has a form that i dont Really like and the brackets are too long. So im thinking to change to the original brackets...but i think the headlight will not fit.
My question is: anybody had this problem? I dont wanna cut the original support in iron Behind the headlight but dunno what i must do. Two images for better idea
3B70D723-A233-4C6B-B206-93F9C0A72BA8.jpeg
7DE5EEDF-8344-4C34-9A19-60752B9FFB5A.jpeg

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's one of the drawbacks of some of the LED bulbs. If the case wasn't made fir a deep bulb you have a clearance issue. You could get real real inventive and cut out a portion then build an area around it to make for clearance. It would be some fabricating but that's just part of putting together a non-OEM structure. You might also just get some shorter brackets that would tuck the headlight in a bit.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is the light, pretty much the only one on the market, that's so easy to adapt to a motorcycle, having mounting points integrated.
I plan to make mounts that more closely resemble the stock ones, no clamped to the fork tubes themselves.
I have to get this light located, so I can develop a flyscreen to meet it.
My last bike was naked, and I fitted a decent size flyscreen/number plate.
I found the little windbreak a HUGE relief from being fully exposed to oncoming air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That link shows a headlight practically identical to yours mounted in that housing.
Nope, my headlight its very huge and the bucket more. Its very different from that in the photo. The problems are the brackets, but more the support for the original headlight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one of the drawbacks of some of the LED bulbs. If the case wasn't made fir a deep bulb you have a clearance issue. You could get real real inventive and cut out a portion then build an area around it to make for clearance. It would be some fabricating but that's just part of putting together a non-OEM structure. You might also just get some shorter brackets that would tuck the headlight in a bit.
Do u know where can i buy some shorter brackets? BROGUE and dynamo told me the headlight its too big

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quality "bolt-on" solutions from Brogue, or JvB are nice, but they carry a stiff pricetag.
$271 for the Koso headlight is a touch spendy, but it comes with user friendly mounting points.
I happen to be a pretty crafty amature fabricator in my spare time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quality "bolt-on" solutions from Brogue, or JvB are nice, but they carry a stiff pricetag.
$271 for the Koso headlight is a touch spendy, but it comes with user friendly mounting points.
I happen to be a pretty crafty amature fabricator in my spare time.
Brogue and JVB are too expensive. I think i will cut something :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would try moving your blinker back one hole, and moving the headlight back as well. Then cut off the excess, and round it a bit. Harbor Freight grinders are cheap...
You might hace to use a washer or something to make your turn signal fill the larger hole...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would try moving your blinker back one hole, and moving the headlight back as well. Then cut off the excess, and round it a bit. Harbor Freight grinders are cheap...
You might hace to use a washer or something to make your turn signal fill the larger hole...
Yeah this is what i thought...i hope moving back the headlight it will not touch nothing. I dont want to cut something...do you Thing its better to put back the originals brackets?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Custom fabrication takes trial and error... and you have to be the judge if it turns out good enough for YOU.
Some other people will like it, others won't... as long as you look back when you walk away and smile...
Sometimes things take a couple adjustments to make them look like they have good symmetry.
You already have it "working" now you're fine tuning the "look".
The more time you spend doing mods like this, the more often you nail it, first try.
Or, you're at least so close, it only takes a minor tweak.
Looking the internet over, at hundreds of other peoples similar mods, can help you get a lot closer on the first try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts