XSR 700 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
All computers are digital, the .svg is scaled vector graphic. What file format do you need? Corel does a couple dozen types.

My brackets were set up for the first gen XSR900 headlight shell that is drilled and cut like I showed in an earlier post. If you are using aftermarket you may need to figure out if it should be raised or lowered, moved back or forward. I did simple .250" hard board prototypes that were easy to cut, drill, and sand to check the fit. Then I modified the drawing to match the changes. I made three different versions until I had what I wanted.

Here are choices:

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted the layout in another thread. If you PM or email me (if that can be done), I could send you the layout in a file that can probably be used to cut the part. They can probably use either an .svg file or a .cdr file.
All computers are digital, the .svg is scaled vector graphic. What file format do you need? Corel does a couple dozen types.

My brackets were set up for the first gen XSR900 headlight shell that is drilled and cut like I showed in an earlier post. If you are using aftermarket you may need to figure out if it should be raised or lowered, moved back or forward. I did simple .250" hard board prototypes that were easy to cut, drill, and sand to check the fit. Then I modified the drawing to match the changes. I made three different versions until I had what I wanted.

Here are choices:

View attachment 27243
.pdf and .svg would be perfect. Thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here is a .pdf. If you want the .svg you will need to email me at [email protected] apparently the forum will not support .svg files. Dimensions should be rounded to one decimal metric.

It was set up for .250" (12mm) material. The counterbores work well for button head fasteners. I did stainless with anti-seize on them. Don't do black oxide fasteners, they will rust quickly unless you paint them with black or clear over the finish. I did them with black acrylic plexiglass, but would do them with aluminum to make drilling the counterbores less problem.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts