XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of my new exhaust, SC Project. I've also changed the air filter for a K&N one. First impressions? It's **** loud!!! I'm going to have to get used to it and start wearing ear plugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Fjl_NV29k

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds really loud ! Love the pop at the end of the rev though, but I wonder what this sounds like in the high rpms under load ! Ear plugs definitely required lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds really loud ! Love the pop at the end of the rev though, but I wonder what this sounds like in the high rpms under load ! Ear plugs definitely required lol
Surprisingly at high rpms the sound is quite similar to the stock exhaust, I'd say sound is deeper. Worst part is at low rpms, but I'm positive it's because I'm not used to it. I'll give more impressions next week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the best exhaust for XSR700 in the market, at the moment...that's my opinion!
It's cool (very MotoGp style), short and loud...and it have the layout of the original one

·
Registered
321 Posts
Surprisingly at high rpms the sound is quite similar to the stock exhaust, I'd say sound is deeper. Worst part is at low rpms, but I'm positive it's because I'm not used to it. I'll give more impressions next week.
That is really surprising :| Definitely looking forward to hearing what you think about it a little more down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
May seem a daft question (probably is), but can you literally swap the entire exhaust over by ripping out the stock can (cat and pipes) and replacing with this? Is there any work to be done by someone who knows what they're doing? Or can I just my tools out and swap things over? ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ofcourse you can. It's as simple as you said.

Although I must say that since I've changed the air filter also, the fuel injection map has been slightly changed in order to optimize the fuel air ratio. That part you won't be able to do it.

In case you wonder if the mapping thing it's necessary, well... If you want to obtain the full potencial of the exhaust (silencer+pipe) you'll wantto change the air filter, therefore the mapping change.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, the tricky part is to change the air filter since they need to uninstall the tank. Other than that, it's piece of cake. The mechanic needed an hour and a half for changing the exhaust, air filter and modify the injection. I paid around 60?.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's cheaper than I was expecting you to say. I'm torn between the SC and Arrow exhausts, and yet to see just a slip-on can for the bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just mounted exactly the same exhaust couple days ago and i have to agree - it is REALLY loud! The sound is great and everything, but i wasnt really expecting it to be that loud.
I was actually looking into the packaging to find some missing muffler, but no, everything is as it should be :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ofcourse you can. It's as simple as you said.

Although I must say that since I've changed the air filter also, the fuel injection map has been slightly changed in order to optimize the fuel air ratio. That part you won't be able to do it.

In case you wonder if the mapping thing it's necessary, well... If you want to obtain the full potencial of the exhaust (silencer+pipe) you'll wantto change the air filter, therefore the mapping change.
Why did you change the air filter?
Also i noticed that SC PROJECT is recommending "AFM additional power unit" with the exhaust. Any idea if it neccessary?

()

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, i am bit sad to post that, but i've decided to mount back the stock exhaust.
I'll be missing the sound of sc project exhaust so much, but living in centre of residential area, next to kindergarden makes it hard for me to really enjoy it :crying:

If anybody is interested to buy almost new SC Project exhaust, then PM me. I'll be offering 20% off to original price. I still have the original packing, full exhaust system, springs and screws, CEE homologation card, etc...
I have been driving with the exhaust for less than two weeks, with no more than 200km.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Do you have any idea of the sound level (in db) it produces? I am very interested in buying one myself but SC Project which I contacted doesn't share this information.

And if you know a video of comparison between the stock and the SC exhaust, I would like to know.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no idea about the db's. I can only tell you that EU ceritification card is part of the exhaust, so i guess they passed some sound level tests.

I didnt make any before/after video, but here is the same exhaust on xsr700:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts