XSR 700 Forums banner

Which colour scheme should I go for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm really excited about finally modifying my red 2018 stock XSR700. I bought the bike because of the ability to transform it and I'm looking forward to doing that.

Before I start doing that I've made some mockups from existing images on the internet with regards to the colour scheme. For the tank I'm planning on using a wrap and for plastic parts I might paint them. So I thought I would post it here and get the community's thoughts on the colours as well.

I have a preference but I want to get your thoughts.

Also - for those who have painted or wrapped their bike, please share your advice and guidance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I voted white, just a personal preference. I'm not a fan of black on this particular bike.
Thanks :). If I go with white, do you think I should only do the tank of also the air intake cover (like it's shown in the mockup)?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks :). If I go with white, do you think I should only do the tank of also the air intake cover (like it's shown in the mockup)?
I would paint the intake covers white. On the right-hand side I would paint the mash grill black.

·
Registered
2020 XSR700 Xtribute
8 Posts
I like the mockup, but I don't think that part is the air intake cover. The air intake is under the tank pointing towards the seat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the black version more. The white and yellow bike looks like a fleet vehicle for a company that sells eggs. I also think the black looks better, because the 2 panel that covers just below the tank don't stick out as much and ruin the lines of the frames. The side panels don't look quite right left as metallic grey with the white scheme either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the black version more. The white and yellow bike looks like a fleet vehicle for a company that sells eggs. I also think the black looks better, because the 2 panel that covers just below the tank don't stick out as much and ruin the lines of the frames. The side panels don't look quite right left as metallic grey with the white scheme either.
Cool. Love this perspective. Never thought of the fleet vehicle angle. :) The side panels are actually meant to be black not grey (think I just forgot to blacken it in the mock-up)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Paint it the way You like and forget what anyone else likes. That's the only way you'll be happy with it. You didn't buy an XSR because someone else liked it right? Continue on down the path of your choosing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks, that reflects what I was thinking and not understood the actual need for polls. Is whole the live now based on polls or does is not make sense to trust on own decisions? Does it come from putting every event into tose social media, where we tend to wait what others think?

No, asking for the right colour is nothing to let the people vote for, it is your decision. Okay, the world was more simple when underwear was white only. So I just try to imagine, standing in front of a shop and wait to the results of my public poll, which colour to go for...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paint it the way You like and forget what anyone else likes. That's the only way you'll be happy with it. You didn't buy an XSR because someone else liked it right? Continue on down the path of your choosing.
Absolutely. The point of me polling doesn't mean I will go with the majority choice. Eventually it will be my decision. But even our own decisions are shaped through conversations I have with others.

FYI: I have moved past the colour schemes I shared. Check out the new set below. I'm just having fun and sharing here because all of us are passionate about our bikes and thought it would be awesome to hear from all of you on your preferences. Have fun with the new mockups below.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, that reflects what I was thinking and not understood the actual need for polls. Is whole the live now based on polls or does is not make sense to trust on own decisions? Does it come from putting every event into tose social media, where we tend to wait what others think?

No, asking for the right colour is nothing to let the people vote for, it is your decision. Okay, the world was more simple when underwear was white only. So I just try to imagine, standing in front of a shop and wait to the results of my public poll, which colour to go for...
I don't disagree with you. Like I mentioned in my response to the previous message, I will still make my own decision, but I like the community here and how everyone is passionate about their bikes, and always open to sharing and guiding fellow bikers.

·
Registered
464 Posts
When it comes to sharing, okay, never paint a red one. It is just beautiful.

There were some days in which you had to afford the painting two times. One for the job itself, the other one if you sell the painted prima donna. Only original decor, paint scheme and stickers built the value, if traded in.

Maybe something reversible?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts