XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently insalled these bar-end mirrors:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Aprili...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The quality seems decent and i wanted to try a cheap solution to se if I liked the setup. They installed quite easy (had to remove one of the metal expansion cylinders to make it fit inside the handlebar, and also make sure to leave some space between the mirror an the throttle) they work OK.
I have two questions:

The mirrors stick inside the bike by tension from the expanding cylinder, not by being screwed into the handlebar threads. Should i be worried about the fit and risk of ccorrosion or damage to the thread (inside handlebar)?

I am now left with two holes from where the original mirrors was fastened to the handlebar, any ideas of what to do with these (worried about corrosion)?.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a similar pair off of amazon for like 10$. Only thing is that the spacers didn't fit so where the spacers would have gone i put the oem bar end screw in there and it also works "ok".

As far as the two original mirror screws, I left them uncovered. been off a month. dont seem to be bothered much. If you wanted I guess you could go to lowes or home depot and find a screw to fit flush in there. I think they also sell like plastic covers for something like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a pair of those mirror blanks, and somehow the left hand thread (right hand mirror) just would not fit! I got a replacement set sent and the same thing! I tried screwing the original mirror in and it goes in fine. Cant for the life of me get my head around it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which inside diameter do you need to stick in new bar end mirrors? I see different sizes for different brands advertised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

You probably found a solution already, but I used a pair of M10 short bolts to cover the OEM mirrors holes and they did the job.

I installed rounded bar end mirrors of 7cm diameter and to be honest I'm thinking on finding something else since they are a bit useless.
I had to check over my shoulder all the time with the rounded ones as I couldn't see much behind me. I glued some convex mirrors to them and I was able to at least see what was behind me, but unfortunately convex made things look further than they really were.

Do you find yours useful?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

You probably found a solution already, but I used a pair of M10 short bolts to cover the OEM mirrors holes and they did the job.

I installed rounded bar end mirrors of 7cm diameter and to be honest I'm thinking on finding something else since they are a bit useless.
I had to check over my shoulder all the time with the rounded ones as I couldn't see much behind me. I glued some convex mirrors to them and I was able to at least see what was behind me, but unfortunately convex made things look further than they really were.

Do you find yours useful?
I think I know what you mean. First I had some cheap aliexpress mirrors which were convex and they helped with the blind spots, but indeed everything looked terribly small. Now I have the Oberon mirrors which didn’t fit due to the sleeve they provide, I actually used the extra sleeves that came with the cheap mirrors so I can fit the mirrors tightly.

The Oberons are flat, and although they don’t show much to the side of the bike, they do provide a much better view behind me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts