XSR 700 Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
ok big day yesterday...

Daytona 675 is now home, and already started getting stuck into it.

New oil/filter/radiator flush and fill with distilled water and water wetter (No coolant), filled and bled the brakes, new 15T front sprocket (-1) and 525 chain, and 120/70 and 180/55 pirelli supercorsa rubber enroute. Removed mirrors/indicators/tail tidy etc, and removed rear muffler to begin making a race exhaust for it - Its fair rowdy and sounds EPIC just straight piped so ill just be putting a pair of tips exiting where the muffler box was. God i love how the triple sounds.

Already booked into Hoey end of the month to have the stock ohlins suspension all rebuilt and revalved, owner of Hoey owned one of these for nearly 10 years so knows them VERY well, and said the stock suspension is VERY good when all rebuilt and a correct rate spring etc installed and all setup. And only run me about $1K all up.

Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive tire Sky

Aaaannnddd.... i picked the XSR700 up yesterday. And, well, ive fallen in love with that bike all over again. I cannot beiieve the difference in it on the road. Easily the best money i have spent on it.

YSS Full fork kit (PD Valves/Springs/Preload adjusters) fully adjustable rear mono shock, extreme creations adj. lowering link (set at -25mm, so bike has been lowered 1" front and rear) had all the sag and preload etc setup and measured and adjusted, and it feels like a brand new bike. Its great on the road, and best of all i can flat foot at complete stop without smashing my shins on the foot pegs :D

This morning i did an oil and filter change (Oil looks pretty damn clean, is probably about 1500km old including a full track day) and was going to do the brakes but i only bought enough fluid to do the Daytona) and also ordered a 44T sprocket which is coming with the rest of the stuff for the daytona. Side note; the XSR700 and the Daytona 675 both use the same oil, filter, brake fluid and tyres, so i just have to purchase double to do both bikes.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Wheel Automotive design

So.... what's next? I have a plan haha. Im still looking at some lower bars (Hurricane or clip ons), but will be getting a bellypan, im thinking about selling the Akra Ti Exhaust and going to a Kelpi Blackout Alpha exhaust, and im respraying the garage metal a new colour. Was going to be nardo grey, but driving home i saw a car on the road and said straight away "thats IT! THATS the colour" That colour being "Savannah Ivory Metallic" off the new Suzuki Vitara's. That and everything else satin black will look mint. Its hard to see in pics as it does have a metallic flake in it and colour changes slightly depending on light

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Tire Vehicle

Ive had this IG video saved for a very long time and i guess im basing my "VERY" loosely on this. Height/stance etc

Café Racer with the Helmet on Instagram: "@milezero.racers on his Honda CB750 Super Sport. Love the stance that this has with the belly pan and the color pops so nicely, thanks for sharing your build! Video by @tweak_media. . . #croig #caferacersofinstagram #caferacer #honda #cb750 #gsxr #ridemotorcycleshavefun #motorcyclesofinstagram #reels #custom #inspiration"

So yeah thats about where im at ATM. Lots to do, but also not really a lot to get done at the same time.

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Glad to hear you're happy with the new suspension!
Curious to see where it's heading with the new look.
Its amazing the difference, i spent a good 30 minutes on/off the bike having everything measured/preloads set etc put tyre back up to street pressures, adjusted the bars a little bit more, and spent a couple of hours belting around in the foothills etc, made a couple of small adjustments and its like a brand new bike. Its firm and planted, doesnt nosedive under brakes anymore, doesnt get so twitchy engine braking etc.

Tyre tyres have scrubbed off all the balling/chopping etc and @hombacher was bang on the money. The pilot roads came up like new and felt just as good as they did, so i didnt cook them as bad as i thought i had. I have ordered new SBS Sintered street brake pads front and rear, and will do a flush and bleed with some new fluid (I use motul RBF600) when i install the pads. Need to install the 44T sprocket when it arrives as well. ive gone for stock 525 pitch and the chain is like 2000km's only so ill reuse it. I also ordered some R+G Endone protectors/fork protectors/paddock bobbins/extra paddock stand for the XSR when i ordered the engine covers/crash protection for the D675

Still needs a few things adjusted and played around with but for the most part im exceptionally happy with it.

New look.... im ordering a Ermax bellypan in the factory garage metal, im going to put it on and if im happy ill pull all the tins and start on the colour change. but that will be the very last thing that will be done.

Bars i just couldnt make up my mind on what i wanted to do, and how i wanted to achieve it.

Function>form always but i also wanted that lower, aggressive forward position and the bike all hunched over so i purchased a MT07 woodcraft clip-on set as well, as ive located a second hand set of MT07 bar risers locally that i snapped up, the more i looked at the hurricane bars the more i think there isnt really a massive difference between them and the ones i have.

Aside from that....there isnt really much else i wish to do or change, just neaten things up more/clean up cables etc. maybe a quickshifter, ill see what the Healtech iQSE i bought for the D675 is like.

Obligatory pic so its not all just text, everything is being moved into the shed this weekend as our new house is a LONG way off being finished.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Minor update i guess, Ive also purchased a Healtech iQSE quick shifter and ill be converting to GP shift on the XSR700, ive bought Accossato rearsets for the D675 to convert to GP shift so it makes sense to have it on both bikes. Ive found the how-to on the FZ07 forum to do it with stock rearsets so ill pull the cover off etc and put it on the mill at work and ,machine it all back etc and setup the QS.

The Bellypan idea has since been dropped, it was going to cost as much to ship as it was for the actual bellypan, almost $800aud total out of the uk, and more than $1000 aud from webike japan.. and i wouldn't see it until end of January at a minimum.:(

Now im simply waiting for parts, R+G crash protection has arrived for the XSR and been installed so now its sitting on a paddock stand, 44T sprocket, MT07 clamps and WC clip-ons areall here, just need to install them, plus ALLLLL the parts ive ordered for the D675. The wallet has taken a BEATING the last couple of weeks, but ive actually purchased everything to finish the XSR and start racing the D675.

Ive already entered it into a track day in feburary, and have a private track day in end of January some of my friends are organizing. Is booked to go to Hoey for full setup 2nd week on January

For the D675 i have enroute or has arrived
Pirelli Supercorsa SP V3's
SBS DC Carbon brake pads
Delkovic Header back exhaust
GB Engine Covers, Sharkfin, Fork protectors and paddock bobbins
RK 525Chain and 15T front sprocket
Healtech iQSE quickshifter and gear indicator
CRC Race fairings with screen and seat,
Accossato rear sets,
UKRS Linear link, heat exchanger and race CCT, Street triple 1050 throttle tube,
woodcraft keyed ignition delete and quick release fuel cap
SAI delete kit

I ended up buying a new motorbike trailer last week, so over the time i have off over Christmas il load both bikes up and bring them into the workshop to put them both together.

And the good weather is starting here in Australia so im looking forward to putting as many k's as possible s on the XSR over my christmas break. bit of work to do before then though:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
fitted MT07 bar clamps, Woodcraft clip-ons and R6 throttle tube last night, ordering a new set of Kelpi bar end mirrors today.

Absolutely stoked with the overall look, the fitment and riding position. Only took about 45 minutes to have it all buttoned up. May need to look at a remove brake reservoir, as the stock one is slightly touching. or maybe I can space it out a couple of mm.

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

Up next is to fit theRG Engine protectors, the rearsets and setup/modify covers for GP shift, and fit the quickshifter and 44T rear sprocket, then really want to knuckle down and get this thing dialled.

Im still thinking about bellypans and colour changes haha, but was to get these last few things done so i can pull down the D675 and get it put back together. Ive got 14 days off over christmas and a lot of work to be done.

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Im still thinking about bellypans and colour changes haha,
And.... S2 Concept came through with the hookup/helping to arrange shipping so i just purchased a MT07 bellypan. Its the only one i really like. I think/hope the style suits, the ermax one is too boxy and modern for me anyway.

Will probably the one of the last things ill buy for this now, will wait until it arrives and then look at what im going to do about colour. Im debating doing the XSR700 and the D675 both in nardo grey.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

And a couple of up-to-date pics i took this arvo, waiting for mirrors (And now bellypan) to arrive, fit rear sets/modify covers and fit quickshifter, fit sprocket, fit pads and bleed fluid and ready to hit the street again. Hoping i can knock it all out in the next week or two, ready for when i have some time off (And not building the D675)
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I need to black out the forks as well, how have others done this?

I know you get gaiters for the lower section, but what about the upper? Paint? Vinyl Wrap? Painted plastic tube around the fork?

Apparently there is a factory yamaha kit/parts, gaiters and forkcovers?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I need to black out the forks as well, how have others done this?

I know you get gaiters for the lower section, but what about the upper? Paint? Vinyl Wrap? Painted plastic tube around the fork?

Apparently there is a factory yamaha kit/parts, gaiters and forkcovers?
I used two pieces of black pvc pipes cut to size and along

Pics here Build in progress - September 2022

41 - 50 of 50 Posts