XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike had some parts stolen off of it a few weeks ago, I've ordered many of them off partzilla despite the long shipping delays due to yamaha having terrible shortage of parts. This seat bracket part would not theoretically get to me until early October though and I want to ride!! Please let me know if you have this part and could sell it to me! Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
my bike had some parts stolen off of it a few weeks ago, I've ordered many of them off partzilla despite the long shipping delays due to yamaha having terrible shortage of parts. This seat bracket part would not theoretically get to me until early October though and I want to ride!! Please let me know if you have this part and could sell it to me! Thanks!
Have you thought about building a temporary substitute?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you thought about building a temporary substitute?
Yeah I think it would be pretty tricky though. That part holds most of my weight and something metal would have to be kinda thick in order to work and thus would be kinda hard to work with as far as cutting and drilling and bending goes

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah I think it would be pretty tricky though. That part holds most of my weight and something metal would have to be kinda thick in order to work and thus would be kinda hard to work with as far as cutting and drilling and bending goes
Well, I was not proposing you to do it by yourself if you don't have the equipment, but to ask for it to a local ironsmith. In my humble opinion, that exact piece is pretty doable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I was not proposing you to do it by yourself if you don't have the equipment, but to ask for it to a local ironsmith. In my humble opinion, that exact piece is pretty doable.
We don't really have ironsmiths around here that I know of, but a machine shop might be able to. I'll look into it tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts