XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Since I am a rookie in motorcycles would you be so kind to help me out. I have two questions..

1. I got this front LED light when I bought the bike ( I live in Croatia, Europe ) but the circle light does not work. I can see that the red wire is not connected, but on my bike there is only one socket left and it has two connections. Can i even connect this red wire to my bike and make circle light work somehow? I saw this LED light selling but for Australian market so I am wondering can i make it work.I am afraid that i will burn something.

2. Do you have problems with battery in winter? The temperatures in Croatia were -5 -0 C and i did not ride bike for a week. I tried to start id today and barley made it. The battery was very weak. I left it to run 5-10 min and then it was fine. Do i need to turn on the bike every few days if i don't ride in winter time?
Thank you so much!
Have a nice day!

· Registered
XSR700
49 Posts
The factory turn signal connector has three leads--one of them is for the running light. Looks like you still have the factory turn signal wire/connector on the bike in the background--if so maybe you can try tapping the line for the running light (I forgot which color off the top of my head)

· Registered
669 Posts
The big socket is for the main bulp, riding light and high beam. So if it is set up right, if the engine is running (also possible that it already comes up when ignition on) the socket is connected to the three pins to the right of the light, your normal riding light shall be on.
High beam or pass light shall come on when actuating the switch on the left side of your handlebar. I do not know if the LED light will switch off the riding light in that moment. With standard set up/standard wiring, it will.

The two pin connector on the picture, blue/blue-red + black, this is auxiliary light or parking light. Coming up when ignition on (or check with the said from above), if not the riding light will turn on. It will as well come up when turning the key into P position. This is mandatory in some Euro countries.

So it is your decision, if mandatory, you should connect it as a parking light. Otherwise you may check and you can pin the outer ring into the green pin of the headlight. Yellow will be the high beam, if I remember correctly. Just check it.

Regarding the battery life, check if it is the OEM Yuasa. If it is, your bike is less than 4 years old, charge it until full. If there is an aftermarket battery installed, change it against the OEM Yuasa.
If it is Yuasa installed, already one time fully recharged, you may search for any bad auxiliary installation, such as false connected heated grips, navsat sockets, etc., something is stealing the power.

BR
hombacher

· Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The big socket is for the main bulp, riding light and high beam. So if it is set up right, if the engine is running (also possible that it already comes up when ignition on) the socket is connected to the three pins to the right of the light, your normal riding light shall be on.
High beam or pass light shall come on when actuating the switch on the left side of your handlebar. I do not know if the LED light will switch off the riding light in that moment. With standard set up/standard wiring, it will.

The two pin connector on the picture, blue/blue-red + black, this is auxiliary light or parking light. Coming up when ignition on (or check with the said from above), if not the riding light will turn on. It will as well come up when turning the key into P position. This is mandatory in some Euro countries.

So it is your decision, if mandatory, you should connect it as a parking light. Otherwise you may check and you can pin the outer ring into the green pin of the headlight. Yellow will be the high beam, if I remember correctly. Just check it.

Regarding the battery life, check if it is the OEM Yuasa. If it is, your bike is less than 4 years old, charge it until full. If there is an aftermarket battery installed, change it against the OEM Yuasa.
If it is Yuasa installed, already one time fully recharged, you may search for any bad auxiliary installation, such as false connected heated grips, navsat sockets, etc., something is stealing the power.

BR
hombacher
Thank you soooooo much for your detail reply and your time. You are very kind. I've send you one more question in your inbox if you will have the time.

Appreciate it so much.

Kind regards from Croatia!

· Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big big thanks to Hombacher for his replay and all the help. It is so nice to have such a kind people and community here.
I connected the red wire from the light ( that was free ) to the empty auxiliary light or parking light connector (pin from the right -blue,red wire ) on the bike. It works perfectly !

Thank you so much once again!!!

Kind regards from Croatia.

Stay safe!

· Registered
3 Posts
Thank you soooooo much for your detail reply and your time. You are very kind. I've send you one more question in your inbox if you will have the time.

Appreciate it so much.

Kind regards from Croatia!
Hi, I found your post about the headlights.
Did you connect the red wire from the light to only to the red wire on the bike to make the parking light work?

thanks so much for your help!

marco

· Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, I found your post about the headlights.
Did you connect the red wire from the light to only to the red wire on the bike to make the parking light work?

thanks so much for your help!

marco
Hi!

I connected the red wire from the light ( that was free ) to the empty auxiliary light or parking light connector (pin from the right -blue,red wire ) on the bike.

· Registered
327 Posts
Another way of saying what Kanaye is saying is the blue wire with red trace on it. HTH It just needs 12v to the light's red wire when the key is on. Any 12V source that is on when the parking lights are on will work nicely.

· Registered
3 Posts
Another way of saying what Kanaye is saying is the blue wire with red trace on it. HTH It just needs 12v to the light's red wire when the key is on. Any 12V source that is on when the parking lights are on will work nicely.
I know I got, sorry, it is only one wire on the bike, blue/red. So a one to one conection, got it 😉
Finger Bumper Automotive tire Electrical wiring Cable

· Registered
327 Posts
Could you tell me please how did you connect this two cables? i cant find the female connector to attach to my headlight.
The female connector is the headlight connector. You have found this, yes? What are the colors of the wires in the headlight connector on the bike side?

If you have the free red wire, loose from the other connector on the new headlamp, connect that to the the blue wire with red trace on the bike. You may need to add or change a connector.

It would be helpful with these things to post a picture of your new headlight and the wires coming off it, and the bike's headlight connector and it's wire colors.

· Registered
3 Posts
The female connector is the headlight connector. You have found this, yes? What are the colors of the wires in the headlight connector on the bike side?

If you have the free red wire, loose from the other connector on the new headlamp, connect that to the the blue wire with red trace on the bike. You may need to add or change a connector.

It would be helpful with these things to post a picture of your new headlight and the wires coming off it, and the bike's headlight connector and it's wire colors.
TY for the help i managed to figure it out last night!
Cheers

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts