XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 XSR700 and still have a stock seat. Would really like a more comfortable one. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
The stock seat from the XTribute is about 3cm thicker than the XSR and is a straight swap if you get one. Cost here in the UK is about £209, so not excessively expensive compared to the likes of Sergeant/Corbin etc. I've just ordered mine! I'm guessing you could offset the cost by selling your stock seat - they often come up in the classifieds section of the forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2018 XSR700 and still have a stock seat. Would really like a more comfortable one. Any suggestions?
This is my bid: I ebayed a second hand OEM one, just in case, and took it to a local upholsterer to lower, reshape it and add some gel in the right places. It's worth each penny expended on the process. It's my seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I opted for the seat trim from brogue motorcycle. Picked up a flat seat for 80 bucks on sale and sent them that one to reshape. Super comfortable and looks good.
EF720600-A74F-48B6-AC8E-46A003213F02.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I opted for the seat trim from brogue motorcycle. Picked up a flat seat for 80 bucks on sale and sent them that one to reshape. Super comfortable and looks good. View attachment 24526 View attachment 24526
The seat looks great but also very thin. I have been considering this seat as well but I was afraid that would not be comfortable. Thanks for providing feedback.
How long normally you would spend on the seat on a given day?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The seat looks great but also very thin. I have been considering this seat as well but I was afraid that would not be comfortable. Thanks for providing feedback.
How long normally you would spend on the seat on a given day?
I commute an hour and a half a day. Just did a 6 hour ride and there were zero issues. Wasnt uncomfortable at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my bid: I ebayed a second hand OEM one, just in case, and took it to a local upholsterer to lower, reshape it and add some gel in the right places. It's worth each penny expended on the process. It's my seat.
Impressed by this suggestion! Got any more pics you can share?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Impressed by this suggestion! Got any more pics you can share?
Here you can find all different pics i have of it. I, in fact, reuplostered two seats, the original and the second hand one. I lowered them both and cut and geled the second hand one and made it a solo seat. That's the one I normally use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I commute an hour and a half a day. Just did a 6 hour ride and there were zero issues. Wasnt uncomfortable at all.
I've been considering the brogue seat also. What was the turn-around time?
Are you Seattle area by chance? (PNW)....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Total turnaround time was about a week and a half. Couple days to ship it to them, they were done with the alteration in a few days and then a few days to ship it back. Super Fast!

And yup! In the Seattle area for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Total turnaround time was about a week and a half. Couple days to ship it to them, they were done with the alteration in a few days and then a few days to ship it back. Super Fast!

And yup! In the Seattle area for sure.
That's not bad for turn-around! Thanks.
I'm West Seattle and work south king. PM me if you're down for an Alki or other meet-up ride. I've only seen one other xsr on the road so far in my area...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts