XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I had to purchase a new speedo holder a few months ago as mine failed, and it came along with the bracket, which I've attached.

Now I'm sure I'm being dense (stupid), however I cannot work out how this could possible fit on the bike, especially given the two bolt holes at the bottom at not flat.. - I've been googling various speedo holders and none seem to look like this!

Any thoughts?!

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is the speedo holder of the x-tribute. I dont know if it fits to the standard xsr, but heres a picture how it looks like mounted. Maybe you can replace the aluminium cover in front of your keyhole with it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just incase anyone else comes across this and is wondering - it doesn't fit!

One bolt hole goes in, however the bar mounts are such that the other will not and so it's not secure enough to hold the speedo!

·
Registered
277 Posts
You could fabricate a spacer to secure the second fastener.
I would use epoxy putty (automotive shops have that) and shape it while soft (just like putty) to create a slanted spacer between the two misaligned holes.
Some drilling (it's rather easy into that material) and an additional fastener to secure that spacer into the original hole.
Or, just simply clean the surfaces and stick the two together, to worry about removal when (if) time comes :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
@Lawis : According Yamaha's parts catalogue you additionally need BCN-H351S-00, mounted under your speedo holder.

My favorite OEM super tuning part is the rubber ring, at XTribute and XSR900 between speedo and speedo holder, it is B90-83513-00 and will close the gap between speedo housing and flat holder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow amazing - thanks!

I have the rubber part you mentioned, and just ordered BCN-H351S-00 from a German website - hopefully they're still posting to the UK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts