XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it’s a 2016 Anniversary Edition, I like the yellow paintwork and kept the original panels just in case I change my mind, but it’s very different now. 1st photo is the day I brought it home, 2nd as it is as of yesterday...

Front end;
Round bar end mirrors
Mirror delete plugs with Yamaha logo
Yamaha heated grips
R6 throttle tube
Yamaha brake reservoir cap
Evotech Performance levers
Yamaha screen
Gilles speedo relocation bracket
Bracket cover painted matt pearl black
Speedo LCD flip using iPad polariser film
LED round indicators
Headlight bezel painted matt black
Hi performance white headlight bulb
LED sidelight bulb
Fork preload adjusters and 15w fork oil
Twin hi-low tone horns painted matt black
Yamaha fork gaiters
Ermax front fender
Yamaha front spindle caps

Engine area;
Evotech Performance radiator guard
Yamaha radiator end covers
Radiator painted satin black
Yamaha frame caps
Ermax bellypan
Ermax side panels painted matt black and matt pearl black
Exhaust headers wrapped
Modified internals with 50mm exit pipe
Modified Chinesium end can (£26 eBay bargain)
Heat shield made from original shroud, painted matt black
Black mesh on ECU and Reg/Rec covers
Yamaha alloy oil filler plug

Rear;
Yamaha single seat and carrier rack
Yamaha rear pegs delete plates painted matt pearl black
LED rear indicators
Evotech Performance tail tidy
Pyramid Plastics hugger extender
MT07 rear shock with preload adjustment
Spring painted Ducati red
Cut down chain guard
Yamaha rear spindle end caps

Big stuff;
Red/white paint scheme by Atomizzed art
ECU Woolwich bench flash by S-Tech
DNA stage 2 filter kit
O2 sensor delete
Alpina tubeless spoked wheels from www.King-Wheels.com (5% discount code: alpdisc5 )
Dunlop Mutant tyres

I think that’s everything 🤔

Also have, but no longer fitted, Yamaha hand guards with modified bar end mirrors and Givi tanklock mount.
The VHT 405 Pearl Black paint is a very close match to the frame colour when combined with a clear matt lacquer top coat.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not sure why you did the white and red, I do believe that was Yamaha's European race colors back a few decades ago, the yellow/black/white were the U.S. racing colors back then. Being a fan of flat track and of course road racing with Ken Roberts and some others, I like the yellow/black/white. But you do have a very nice paint scheme there with the way the speed blocks are arranged. Absolutely love the spoked wheels, a bit rich for my blood unfortunately. All in all looks very good.

I have no idea with the history of the yellow/black/white in the U.S. that they never offered that color here. I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure why you did the white and red, I do believe that was Yamaha's European race colors back a few decades ago, the yellow/black/white were the U.S. racing colors back then.
the white and red are 1980’s original Yamaha colours from the RD350 YPVS and I think the RD125LC or TZR, it’s a Pearl white and looks great in the sun.
We had the kenny roberts colours over here too, mostly on the RD350LC from what I remember.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which polarizer film did you use, basic amazon stuff? Nice job!
iPad Pro polariser off eBay, I think you can just get 3 attempts at getting it right from 1 sheet. it’s all about the angle of rotation, get it really wrong and it will look brown, slightly wrong the other way and it will look blue

·
Registered
9 Posts
What a good looking bike, well done!
I like the round indicators you've got on there, mind sharing where you found those?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What a good looking bike, well done!
I like the round indicators you've got on there, mind sharing where you found those?
found them on eBay, not the usual plastic crap, they’re all metal and feel like a quality job, got them for £17/pair but they’ve gone up since I bought them over a year ago

these are cheaper but make an offer, that’s how I got them for £17...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've got four of the bullet shaped all alloy turn signals I want to sell, went with a different set up:

Click here to see the listing for the kit of two. They run around $23/pair and I have 2 pair. They have two or three lenses that can switch out by unscrewing the bezel.

Any one interested in a set of four unused signals? PM me, if you are in the U.S. I can do better than ebay for you. I have no use for them now.

·
Registered
2020 XSR700 Xtribute
8 Posts
Great look. Does that belly pan significantly reduce your ground clearance? Does it make oil filter changes harder?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great look. Does that belly pan significantly reduce your ground clearance? Does it make oil filter changes harder?
About 10mm lower than the exhaust and you have to remove one side and centre of the bellypan to change the oil, 3 bolts, comes off in 1 piece

1 - 13 of 13 Posts