XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently did some mods on my xsr trying to keep that "neo classic" style. Replaced all Lights with LED's wired the front leds to keep the running light function and did the nrc fender eliminator. Hindle exhaust and vinyl wrapped with classic colors (teal blue, white pearl and gold). Thinking on putting new mirrors i want round mirrors but i want to keep them on the stock location. Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just recently did some mods on my xsr trying to keep that "neo classic" style. Replaced all Lights with LED's wired the front leds to keep the running light function and did the nrc fender eliminator. Hindle exhaust and vinyl wrapped with classic colors (teal blue, white pearl and gold). Thinking on putting new mirrors i want round mirrors but i want to keep them on the stock location. Any recommendations?
I love those colours, terrific choice! Really clean look, love it. Been looking into round mirrors recently, not sure where you are but ones I’m thinking are highsider ones (german), or tec bike universal ones (uk).

·
Registered
327 Posts
It looks pretty good just the way it is now. When you go too far from where it was when you got it, you'll ruin the "classic" aspects of the way it was to represent the classic lines it was trying to keep. By the way, did you lower the front end by pushing the tubes up?

·
Registered
296 Posts
That really looks great with your color choices! Nice job. How did you get the Yamaha logo on top of vinyl wrap? Are you going to get rid of those ugly headlight bracket spacers?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Like the wrap. Clean classic look. I really like blue, wish they'd had the blue version, I believe got to Canada, here.

Head light spacers easy to delete, forget how long or the size of the bolts, I'm thinking M8-1.25 x 25mm, but not sure. I did button head stainless when I did them for a neat look without risk of rust. I also did stainless on the passenger peg bolts since I only ride solo. Definitely use some anti-seize compound if you do stanless, the threads seize up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks pretty good just the way it is now. When you go too far from where it was when you got it, you'll ruin the "classic" aspects of the way it was to represent the classic lines it was trying to keep. By the way, did you lower the front end by pushing the tubes up?
Yup i did it. I'm a little bit on the shorter side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the wrap. Clean classic look. I really like blue, wish they'd had the blue version, I believe got to Canada, here.

Head light spacers easy to delete, forget how long or the size of the bolts, I'm thinking M8-1.25 x 25mm, but not sure. I did button head stainless when I did them for a neat look without risk of rust. I also did stainless on the passenger peg bolts since I only ride solo. Definitely use some anti-seize compound if you do stanless, the threads seize up.
Do you have a post with the instructions for the bracket delete?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That really looks great with your color choices! Nice job. How did you get the Yamaha logo on top of vinyl wrap? Are you going to get rid of those ugly headlight bracket spacers?
Had to re-do the decals on gold same font and size to cover the bumps over the vinyl.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you have a post with the instructions for the bracket delete?
No instructions needed, unscrew bolts, put in new ones. I found the thread and will post the link. They also did the button head allens and the size is M6-1.00 x 25 or 30 mm long. Like I said, I did stainless to avoid rust crust and key-rode. Again use anti-seize. Not a bad thing for exhaust fasteners too.

I'd give a tip on where to get them, but without knowing where you are it doesn't seem worth it. It doesn't hurt any to go to your User CP (right side of screen near top) and put in at least the country where you reside. Helps a lot if someone wants to recommend a specific place for whatever reason. Only takes a few minutes to do so.

https://www.xsr700forums.com/forum/138-yamaha-xsr700-general-discussion/10396-bolt-length-pull-headlight-mounts-us-bike.html#post89212

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
The blue/white combo looks fantastic. The Hindle exhaust system sits very neatly on the bike - if it sounds as good as it looks it should be a popular choice for replacing the OEM system. Well done!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The blue/white combo looks fantastic. The Hindle exhaust system sits very neatly on the bike - if it sounds as good as it looks it should be a popular choice for replacing the OEM system. Well done!
bike looks great. how do you like the Hindle?
It is, i repeat, it is LOUD. i decided to get earplugs but the exhaust makes the bike sound like is angry all the time, very deep growl, blip the throttle for a second and it sounds like a shotgun, and releasing the throttle at medium range rpms makes a lot of backfire popping, like a rally car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts