XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been on the look out for a new or nearly new XSR700 for several months since deciding to fit the Velocity Moto YPXS body kit for that 1980s RD350 YPVS look. Today I collect a new unregistered Black XSR700 (2021 model but on a 22 plate).

I am excited to be officially joining the XSR club.:cool:

Photos and updates to follow.

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together. Are you going to fit the kit yourself or have it done by a shop?
Both are an option but getting Velocity Moto to paint and fit the kit will mean I won’t risk messing anything up, like I have done before! 🤣

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here’s the latest YPXS mock-up that is probably the old 31K RD350 YPVS look that I will go for. I am just waiting to see it lacquered and fitted to a bike before I decide. :unsure:

White Sports equipment Sports gear Automotive design Material property

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was the price of the kit? I know some riders would like that look, but may think it is a one-off.
The cost varies depending on whether you just want the kit unpainted, kit + painted or kit + painted + fitted. The original tank covers and front mudguard are re-used.

·
Registered
2017 XSR700
37 Posts
The cost varies depending on whether you just want the kit unpainted, kit + painted or kit + painted + fitted. The original tank covers and front mudguard are re-used.

Hi Geoff do you know if they'll supply the belly pan only?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts