XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another Anniversary owner

hi
I picked up my anniversary edition a week ago . I live near Chester in the Uk.
I had an mt07 previously and certainly this feels very similar .
so far moved my R&G crash bobbins and spindle protectors to the XSR . I think the standard radiator and surrounds look awful so have put a radiator guard on which is black and the two side surrounds I am having powder coated in Matt black and collect tomorrow . Only cost £20 so a lot cheaper than the £90 that Yamaha charge for something similar !
Any other owners in chester ,north wales area ?:smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my 60th on saturday past. Thinking a radiator guard is a must and perhaps a extended front mud guard to keep the muck off the engine and radiator.

Also a set of Renthal fat bars in gold and short levers would really set her off but apart from that I am more than happy with the purchase. Still on the break in so not going too mad with her.

looking forward to many happy miles on this yoke for sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the black radiator cover and heated grips with the bike. This weekend I will be spraying the radiator side panels black and removing the pillion footrests. Then coating her in ACF50.
First thing I did when I got her home was remove the stupid reflectors from the front forks and the 'read the manual' sticker from the tank.

I used to have an XTX660 with carbon cans, nothing will come close to the awesome sound that used to make, so I will be leaving the exhaust standard. it's a nice change to have a quiet exhaust and the neighbours are much happier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.