XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
XSR700, Honda CB450, Laverda Jota 1000
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well right now I dont have time since the corona struck the world... We are in lockdown so hopefully I will enjoy her as soon as we get well... But I remapped the ecu and started her up so she's running fine... We will see, winter is finally over and now I need to recover from this corona...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pod filters I bought for my old Honda CB450 at 4into1.com but I upgraded the honda with some new carburetors and then these filters got leftover...

The podfilters need to be 46mm inner diameter to fit, there are all types of manufacturers and places to buy these...

Here is a link from a mt-07 blog who goes into details where I got a lot of information from...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The link is for tumblr so need to create an account, the guys blog name is mt07tuning...

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
13 Posts
Doke, can you tell us more about the XSR900 front end on there?
What parts did you need to change out? Is that the 700 wheel or a 900 wheel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The easiest way is to buy a complete front end from a 900 with a wheel since it's different from the 700... The steering bearings are the same so no need to change bearings and so on, more or less a straight swap... The biggest problem is the steering stops and the steering lock, I solved the stops by measuring and made some bushings which I drilled some holes and installed... The steering lock I decided to leave out...

You need to consider to raise the rear suspension as well since the 900 fork is 2 inches longer, you can youtube "Jake the garden snake" and see how he did to raise the rear suspension... Also have a look at this build.

Hope this gives you some idea?

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
13 Posts
Great thanks. Why not just slide the fork tubes up 2” in the fork clamp? Yea, that’s a bit much, but the space is available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well yes, but this will only give you about one inch so it's still one inch too high... A lot of people use the R6 or R1 forks, but that will be a bit more trickier to fit... But if the budget is not an issue then cognito moto has parts for this and even spoked wheels for a more classic look..

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
13 Posts
Well yes, but this will only give you about one inch so it's still one inch too high... A lot of people use the R6 or R1 forks, but that will be a bit more trickier to fit... But if the budget is not an issue then cognito moto has parts for this and even spoked wheels for a more classic look..
Cool thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Really, does Cognito Moto meanwhile offer a conversion lit for the front forks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, they have a complete fork kit from a face... And what I understand you choose which bike you want it to fit and they will make the conversion parts!

Here's the link!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, they have a complete fork kit from a face... And what I understand you choose which bike you want it to fit and they will make the conversion parts!

Here's the link!
Thank you @Doke78 for the link.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts