XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I have had a chequered history with bikes and a long lay off after a traffic accident but this was in my car, this lead to 8 years off of bikes.
Now I have a 2018 MT 07 in Blue the bike is great and suits me as am shorter than average but am confident on taller bikes to a degree. But have from car accident some residual spinal damage meaning at times suffer both sciatica and weakness in my left leg not ideal for balancing a bike on in UK roads as we're on the wrong side for starters.
Secondly only managed 100 miles on MT due to busting my foot at kickboxing (should know better at my age) and just fully healed in time for winter.
So for next year am thinking of swapping to an XSR 700 I realised I like the look better the CP2 engine is great and enough for me these days like to take in scenery when riding around Scotland where I live.
Am I crazy for wanting the XSR as people tell me it just is same as my bike only differently dressed, I'm aware is more relaxed riding style but just as capable as the MT but thing is feel we might be more suited than the MT.
Anyone done this or just able to offer opinions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey all

I have had a chequered history with bikes and a long lay off after a traffic accident but this was in my car, this lead to 8 years off of bikes.
Now I have a 2018 MT 07 in Blue the bike is great and suits me as am shorter than average but am confident on taller bikes to a degree. But have from car accident some residual spinal damage meaning at times suffer both sciatica and weakness in my left leg not ideal for balancing a bike on in UK roads as we're on the wrong side for starters.
Secondly only managed 100 miles on MT due to busting my foot at kickboxing (should know better at my age) and just fully healed in time for winter.
So for next year am thinking of swapping to an XSR 700 I realised I like the look better the CP2 engine is great and enough for me these days like to take in scenery when riding around Scotland where I live.
Am I crazy for wanting the XSR as people tell me it just is same as my bike only differently dressed, I'm aware is more relaxed riding style but just as capable as the MT but thing is feel we might be more suited than the MT.
Anyone done this or just able to offer opinions.

Thanks in advance.
We all bought the bike so we are not unbiased. That said, if I were to get an MT-07 I would just spend the price difference making it look like an XSR, so the XSR was cheaper from a certain perspective. I will say that our seat is taller, and the bars too. XSR also comes with ABS as standard. Everything else is the same. It's up to you, but i know what choice I made :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
As Major Tom says, the XSR is a bit taller - its seat is 30mm higher - and the riding position is a bit more upright, and, yes, it's probably more relaxed as a result. The big difference is visual, curved retro rather than angular modern. Whether that matters enough to change your bike is up to you. Either bike would be great for playing around on the wonderful Scottish roads. I'm thinking of adding a Tracer 700 to my garage in the New Year, as a companion to my XSR rather than a replacement! It's a better pillion carrier and would make for more comfy solo touring as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts