XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from sunny London!

I have just purchased a full Motad system on eBay for my XSR700 for £299 incl. postage.

Motad was a UK brand which has now stopped trading. They used to make stainless steel systems until 2017.

The full exhaust is stainless steel, the quality of the built is ok - I was not expecting high level at that price point.

This is the MY7MT0K full system with a removable baffle. The GP style can is straight through with fiberglass packing (not replaceable).

I will get it ceramic coated in matt black before fitting it and will report on sound and performance.

Vincent

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
It looks OK, just not sure about buying from a company that no longer sells the product. Will be watching to see how it pans out. May turn out to be a good deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks a fantastic piece of kit being a Walsall born lad I have followed motads story from the start.
How sad it is that they have ceased trading and we need Slovenia / Italy or the state's to supply a decent exhaust.
Is that type of exhaust legal in that London?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks OK, just not sure about buying from a company that no longer sells the product. Will be watching to see how it pans out. May turn out to be a good deal.
That is definitely an issue, especially if you need spares. Price was low enough that it remains an attractive product, as I wanted that GP race look.

Another British company called TEC makes full systems for the same price but they seem less visually pleasing so I went for the MOTAD one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks a fantastic piece of kit being a Walsall born lad I have followed motads story from the start.
How sad it is that they have ceased trading and we need Slovenia / Italy or the state's to supply a decent exhaust.
Is that type of exhaust legal in that London?
It is always sad to see a business going under. A company has bought all the stocks and is selling them on eBay. Shame none of the datasheets/fitting instructions & care has disappeared forever.

At this stage, I understand that the London emissions restrictions is a paper thing for bikes as the annual MOT for motorbikes still does not include emissions testing.

Therefore, if you have a valid MOT, you should be fine.

I will report on sound once it has been cerakoted and fitted, which is likely to be in a few months.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any updates on this mate? Looks fantastic!
No updates unfortunately - the full exhaust, new gaskets, matt black exhaust clamps (found on eBay), exhaust paste are all in a box, ready to be fitted!

I read online that it would be preferable to have your ECU flashed before fitting a full, straight through, exhaust (something to do with the back pressure & Yamaha warranty).

I found a place that can do it for £140 in the UK:
https://www.wizperformance.co.uk/product-page/yamaha-xsr-700-ecu-flash

So I will get that done first before fitting the exhaust.

No rush!

·
Registered
94 Posts
No updates unfortunately - the full exhaust, new gaskets, matt black exhaust clamps (found on eBay), exhaust paste are all in a box, ready to be fitted!

I read online that it would be preferable to have your ECU flashed before fitting a full, straight through, exhaust (something to do with the back pressure & Yamaha warranty).

No rush!
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it all when it's finished.

Still can't decide on an exhaust for my bike… SC Project most likely. Wish the Mivv Ghibli was street legal and the Akra wasn't so **** expensive!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would have thought flashing Ecu would void warranty? Taking off stock map? I put on a similar exhaust. Black widow headers into a gp can. Get some lovely burbles and pops. I did a plug in when I was putting a remote start and alarm in, had a engine flash up for a misfire - didn’t bring up EML but once cleared it ran even better. I think the ecu picks up difference and adjusts accordingly.

·
Registered
94 Posts

No rush!
Hey Vincent, did you have a good experience with Wiz Performance in the end?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts