XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase my first bike, a Yamaha XSR700.

I'm keen to do some modifications, in particular, the yellow fuel tank cover as in my avatar. Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney (Australia) that could assist with this?

Also, can any XSR700 owers recommend any "must-have" parts for this bike, including a top box for helmet storage?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase my first bike, a Yamaha XSR700.

I'm keen to do some modifications, in particular, the yellow fuel tank cover as in my avatar. Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney (Australia) that could assist with this?

Also, can any XSR700 owers recommend any "must-have" parts for this bike, including a top box for helmet storage?

Thanks in advance
I would say a protection in case the bike falls. It will minimize any damage.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This bike only need one upgrade/mod and that's the exhaust so the enging king sing out loud! :)
Pure music!

·
Registered
20 Posts
1. Swing arm stand for the rear to make cleaning/lubing your chain easier
2. Frame sliders & crash pins to protect your bike incase you drop it
3. Tail tidy kit because the rear end has way to much plastic/junk than necessary

The grunge brush is awesome and safe for the o-rings. I use Maxima's cleaning, lube, & wax on my chain.

The bike has an OEM helmet lock under the seat. It's basically a metal loop you can hook the D-ring of your helmet onto. It's not great but works on the few occasions I don't bring my helmet with me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently bought my XSR700 from a dealer (a new black one) and also purchased the yellow tank panels at the same time.

The list price was super expensive (like 350 euro per side) for the yellow tank covers. They are much more expensive than any other colours because they were only made for the 2016 model.

I managed to talk them into a 40% discount because I was buying a new bike. It was still expensive, but not crazy expensive.

They look awesome though. I regret nothing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I recently bought my XSR700 from a dealer (a new black one) and also purchased the yellow tank panels at the same time.

The list price was super expensive (like 350 euro per side) for the yellow tank covers. They are much more expensive than any other colours because they were only made for the 2016 model.

I managed to talk them into a 40% discount because I was buying a new bike. It was still expensive, but not crazy expensive.

They look awesome though. I regret nothing.

Sent you a PM regarding the panels.
If you can't reply due to post count, you can email directly at: MY-USER-NAME @ gmail.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi irl_biker,

Thanks for your message. Are you able to provide me with details of the dealer.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts