XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The phantoms are really good but the rear has already worn down to the indicator. As I commute a lot I'm looking for more of a sports touring tyre like PR4's. The front phantom is perfectly fine, can I just get a different rear and leave the front or should I bite the bullet and change both?

·
Registered
43 Posts
On some bikes, with some tyre combinations, I've run mismatched tyres perfectly fine - and on others I've experienced serious juddering and a tendency to tank-slap.

If it works out cheaper or significantly more convenient to change them both at the same time, I'd do that.

If you can't save much by doing everything together, and it isn't really a hassle to get to the tyre place twice, what I'd do is budget for both, but replace the rear first. Then, if there were problems with vibration, handling or anything, you could take it straight back and have the front replaced - and if there are no problems you've saved yourself £150-odd!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That sounds good advice. I'll get the most out of these over the summer and change for winter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts