XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new xsr700 (black) this week after driving a Ducati Monster S2R for the last 10 years.

I love the feel and handling of the xsr but the engine noise (compared to my Ducati with Mivv exhaust) is pretty disappointing

I really don't like stubby exhausts, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to the following two options.

1. Mivv Ghibli high Black
2. GPR Deeptone Nero

I think the GPR Deeptone sounds just a little better (based on youtube videos) but I prefer the look of the Mivv (and I've had a few mivv cans before with no issues).

Also, the GPR is about 200 euro cheaper than the Mivv.

Anyone have any direct experience of either of these two?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I fitted a GPR to my KTM a few years ago. It was light, seemed well finnished for the money, sounded lovely. A few months into ownership and it developed a crack at the monting bracket under the frame. The metal was tin foil thin! Contacted GPR who turned out to be as usefull as a glass trampoline when it came to warranty and customer service. Eventually had it welded myself, but swore I would never buy one of their systems again. I am of the conclusion that when buying anything, part of the purchase price will include the level of aftersales service. I have a Scorpion full system on my XSR and it totally transforms the engine sound (without being too anti-social), though its still a "stubby".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. I was a little concerned about the build quality of the GPR. Thanks for confirming. Also, the front down pipes don't seem to match the line of the bike very well.

I'm leaning heavily towards the MIVV at this point. (I just have to justify the 700 euro price tag to myself). I had MIVV slip-on cans on both my old Ducati Monster S2R and my old Aprilia RSV. Both of them looked great, made a nice noise and never gave me any issues at all. Even my mechanic who fitted them remarked they were very well made and easy to install.

I've only seen one video of the mivv high exhaust and it sounds really good but I'd love to see/hear more about them.

I fitted a GPR to my KTM a few years ago. It was light, seemed well finnished for the money, sounded lovely. A few months into ownership and it developed a crack at the monting bracket under the frame. The metal was tin foil thin! Contacted GPR who turned out to be as usefull as a glass trampoline when it came to warranty and customer service. Eventually had it welded myself, but swore I would never buy one of their systems again. I am of the conclusion that when buying anything, part of the purchase price will include the level of aftersales service. I have a Scorpion full system on my XSR and it totally transforms the engine sound (without being too anti-social), though its still a "stubby".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cheers. I was a little concerned about the build quality of the GPR. Thanks for confirming. Also, the front down pipes don't seem to match the line of the bike very well.

I'm leaning heavily towards the MIVV at this point. (I just have to justify the 700 euro price tag to myself). I had MIVV slip-on cans on both my old Ducati Monster S2R and my old Aprilia RSV. Both of them looked great, made a nice noise and never gave me any issues at all. Even my mechanic who fitted them remarked they were very well made and easy to install.

I've only seen one video of the mivv high exhaust and it sounds really good but I'd love to see/hear more about them

Hi what did you get at the end? I’m also looking at both of these options. The mivv exhaust looks great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to Buy the Mivv. I have not found anything I like better. My previous experience with mivv on my Ducati's and Aprilias has been really good. I'm just waiting to see if there are any Black Friday deals before I buy. I'll post a video once I have it bought and fitted but it will most likely be around Christmas time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm going to Buy the Mivv. I have not found anything I like better. My previous experience with mivv on my Ducati's and Aprilias has been really good. I'm just waiting to see if there are any Black Friday deals before I buy. I'll post a video once I have it bought and fitted but it will most likely be around Christmas time.
Nice! I’m also waiting for some kind of a discount heh yes please I would love to see it and hear it. As you said before there is only one video on YouTube, which is a bit concerning why is nobody buying it ? Lol did you see anything regarding driving a pillion with that exhaust? Is it an issue?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I’m also waiting for some kind of a discount heh yes please I would love to see it and hear it. As you said before there is only one video on YouTube, which is a bit concerning why is nobody buying it ? Lol did you see anything regarding driving a pillion with that exhaust? Is it an issue?
I don't think a pillion would be an issue. The pipe goes inside where the footpeg is mounted and it has a outer metal piece just below the cone to prevent heat transfer from the exhaust. The layout is nearly identical to the Akra high mount.

I almost never take a pillion anyway so it's not an issue for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't think a pillion would be an issue. The pipe goes inside where the footpeg is mounted and it has a outer metal piece just below the cone to prevent heat transfer from the exhaust. The layout is nearly identical to the Akra high mount.

And saddlebags?

·
Registered
61 Posts

And saddlebags?
Ye was thinking about that too but I think it would be possible with some minor adjustments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the Mivv Ghilbi Dark earlier this week.

I'll fit it over the Christmas holidays (it is my christmas present after all) and post pics and some video.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I fit this a couple of days ago. The installation was very straight-forward (I didn’t even curse once, which I think is a first time for me doing work on a car or motorbike). It looks and sounds great. It’s has a nice low rumble at low revs and a lovely crackle at high revs. It feels like a new bike.

I have not tried to remove the dB killer yet. It’s pretty loud as it is so I’m not sure I will. Don’t want to piss the neighbors off too much.

https://youtu.be/iqude2ehMoc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great to hear your feedback, I'm still deciding on an exhaust but this is definitely one of the options

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I fit this a couple of days ago. The installation was very straight-forward (I didn’t even curse once, which I think is a first time for me doing work on a car or motorbike). It looks and sounds great. It’s has a nice low rumble at low revs and a lovely crackle at high revs. It feels like a new bike.

I have not tried to remove the dB killer yet. It’s pretty loud as it is so I’m not sure I will. Don’t want to piss the neighbors off too much.

hahah didnt curse once XD I like the sound of it! thank you for the update

·
Registered
20 Posts

could you post a video with more regimes of the exhaust? reving to the mids, high revs, slowly and quickly? Im also considering the mivv or akra high but based on you tube the akra sounds better in higher revs. thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could you post a video with more regimes of the exhaust? reving to the mids, high revs, slowly and quickly? Im also considering the mivv or akra high but based on you tube the akra sounds better in higher revs. thank you
Sure thing, but I'm not back home until Sunday. I'll try to post one early next week.

I took the baffle out a while back, which made it a good bit louder (and better)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sure thing, but I'm not back home until Sunday. I'll try to post one early next week.

I took the baffle out a while back, which made it a good bit louder (and better)
thanks looking forward to sunday 🙂 if it is easy to stick in the baffles could you do a clip with and without?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I made a quick video this morning. This is with the baffle out. I'll put the baffle back in and make another one later this week. It's a deeper sound with the baffle out. It's a little louder in real life than it sounds on the video.

https://youtu.be/oWBxkzRB7ow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts