XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any mirror upgrade preferences? The left stock mirror on my bike does not want to stay in a position that is helpful in any regard. I thought it was just me but my roommate and my boyfriend have also ridden my bike and say that it doesn't stay in the correct position. I have tried taking it apart and putting it back on. I added plumbers tape to see if that would help it tighten down sooner and nothing helps. With all of that said I would like to upgrade them and would love to hear what other people have on their bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have to fold my mirrors up every time i stick the bike away and the originals were a right pain to get back into the proper position every time i took the bike out of the brick shed. eventually the right hand mirror snapped off the stalk and i was pissed off until i had a few beers.

ended up with these, £12 cheap as chips you can't see your elbows in them and you can fold them up if some idiot in a car can't choose what lane to be in when you're filtering, in fact they are that cheap i don't give a dam when they get scraped as they hit the brick wall going into the shed, that would be different if they were £110 rizoma jobbies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Motorcycle-MICTUNING-Handlebar-Foldable/dp/B07FCCJR87/ref=sr_1_5?crid=6S67LWD5R8YV&keywords=bar+end+mirrors&qid=1555802136&s=gateway&sprefix=bar+end%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-5

·
Registered
42 Posts
forgot to mention i had to make up a pair of spacers out of an old piece of pipe so i could fit them onto the bars with the bar ends that came with the bike rather than use the pieces of crap that the mirrors came with, very easily done with a pipe cutter or hack saw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have "Highsider" bar end mirrors and I'm happy with them :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yamaha recently sent me two new oem mirrors out of the blue. The letter with them says the ones on my 2018 XSR700 "did not meet their stringent QC policies". Is it still a recall if they send you the parts and give you the option to DIY?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's a lovely photo of your bike Leo! I see you have protective film on your tank. What did you use, and are you happy with it?

Was going to send a pm but I don't enough posts (wasn't it 10 minimum before? Now 15).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those look very nice indeed!
Did you have any trouble mounting them? I tried myself with some Chaft Gerry but couldn't make it work. First, the part going inside the bar end wouldn't tighten enough. I got other ones that did tighten but then it would also block my accelerator on the right side... How is this avoided with the highsiders?

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's a lovely photo of your bike Leo! I see you have protective film on your tank. What did you use, and are you happy with it?
You can really see that? It's only under my tankbag.
It's nothing special just a protective film for car bumpers. It works very well :wink2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those look very nice indeed!
Did you have any trouble mounting them? I tried myself with some Chaft Gerry but couldn't make it work. First, the part going inside the bar end wouldn't tighten enough. I got other ones that did tighten but then it would also block my accelerator on the right side... How is this avoided with the highsiders?

Thanks!
I had no problems, but I use a aftermarket handlebar (TRW MCL855SB)...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yamaha recently sent me two new oem mirrors out of the blue. The letter with them says the ones on my 2018 XSR700 "did not meet their stringent QC policies". Is it still a recall if they send you the parts and give you the option to DIY?
Are you serious?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Robzilla.

Yes, I am serious about the oem mirrors. Yamaha also sent a postcard for me to mail them and let them know if I replaced them, dealer replaced them, if I got aftermarket mirrors, or if XSR700 was stolen or sold. So, sounds like Yamaha is serious about it. I can't tell the difference so not sure what failed their QC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice looking bike, I have the same colour and always wondered how a tank bag would look.

Which phone/navigation holder are you using? I want to add my phone as well but I have no space left on my handlebar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you do with the holes that were left when removing the old mirrors? I want to cover them somehow to prevent nasty stuff from getting in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m about to give up with installing bar end mirrors.
Bought a pair of cheap Snell ones from XLmoto but they don’t seem to fit. So ordered a pair of Rizoma adapters but now the screw won’t fit.
Anyone know of a pair that’s just bolt on to install?

·
Registered
161 Posts
These ones (AMAZON) fit perfectly with the Rizoma adaptors. As far as I can remember, I just had to get a pair of black bolts just for the colour (M6x35 conical head).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts